A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Student Life Communications, Marketing & Design (CMD) at the U-M is a multi-disciplinary team of communication and marketing professionals. Together we create cutting-edge communications, user experiences and customer engagement that drive revenues and support the mission, goals and success of Student Life.
Cool hangouts, restaurants, places to live, recreational sports and fitness, well-being, big events and, diversity, equity and inclusion (to name just a few.) The products, programs and services we market on behalf of Student Life are focused on students, faculty and staff so the work is creative, the results are real, the standards are high and teamwork is key.
We’re looking for an experienced, innovative, motivated and highly creative Associate Director Account Management to join our growing team of marketing and communications experts—strategists, designers, writers, account managers, social media and digital marketing experts, user experience and web professionals and student pros. Your work will include creating, developing and planning for short- and long-term marketing goals and the day-to-day management of assigned Student Life units supporting their success and bringing their stories to life.
Our environment is fast-paced, collaborative, fun, data and results-driven.
Join us in making a difference in Student Life at U-M.
This full-time position reports to the Director of Student Life Communications, Marketing & Design.
Here is what you will be doing: • Working with Student Life partners to understand their marketing objectives and working with CMD team, devise marketing plans with strategies that meet the client's goals and budget • Meeting with clients regularly to discuss and identify marketing needs and opportunities, review progress and write client contact reports • Collaborate with assigned Student Life units to develop, grow and improve strategic vision and execution • Develop and implement annual marketing plans for assigned units to achieve short and long-term business unit marketing goals
• Develop and administer marketing research and databases for assigned units, including client and prospect intelligence and project metrics
• Working with the Communications Director to develop integrated social media and public relations strategies for Student Life partners
Here is what you will bring:
• A track record of building strong relationships with clients • Your ability to write clear, concise and actionable project requests/briefs to help guide the creative team
• Storytelling that creates compelling presentations of strategic approaches and creative solutions • A desire to collaborate with our Project Manager and Creative Director to provide project coordination and timeline management
• Experience developing marketing/communications plans that drive customer engagement across a range of platforms and channels
• Your ability to manage budgets and prepare cost estimates • Experience managing media planning, buying and placement working with CMD team to assure brand goals and standards are met • Demonstrated ability to work with analytics and research tools to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing campaigns and tactics
• Ability to manage website content development working with CMD team
• An eye for innovative strategies that produce results
• Your experience delivering insightful presentations and strategies to Student Life units and executives where appropriate • Proven management and development of dynamic marketing and communications including websites
• Research to stay on top of current marketing trends
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, or related field
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in advertising, marketing or communications, with progressively more responsibility at a medium-sized or large organization • Experience as an account executive managing client relationships
Master’s degree in marketing, advertising, or related field
• Proven understanding of the complexity of marketing around diversity, equity, and inclusion to broad audiences with differing priorities
This role may have reporting obligations under Title IX and Clery.
Relocation will not be offered for this position.
Starting salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and education of the selected candidate.
• Strong working knowledge of advertising media including traditional and digital media production, media planning, and
• Deep understanding of marketing strategy—understands and has employed a variety of concepts and tactics to orchestrate successful campaigns • Solid experience with branding and building brands through a variety of marketing tools • Demonstrated success managing teams, client relationships and driving initiatives to completion
• Ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere and effectively meet deadlines while remaining flexible for unplanned opportunities
• Demonstrated ability to guide strategic objectives • Work proactively and strategically to anticipate client marketing needs and present options
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills • Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment • Exceptional communication skills • Results-oriented and accountable with a strong understanding of communications and marketing business practices
Able to maintain a static position for extended periods of time.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine, by the start of the fall term on August 30, 2021. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.
A great university is made so by its faculty and staff, and Michigan is recognized as one of the best universities to work for in the country. The Michigan culture is known for engaging faculty and staff in all facets of the university to create a workplace that is vibrant and stimulating.For two consecutive years, the Chronicle of Higher Education has placed U-M in its "Great Colleges to Work For" survey. In particular, the university earns high marks for strong relations between faculty and administrators, a collaborative system of governance, strong pay and benefits, and a healthy work/life balance.