Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The School of Music is searching for a Marketing Assistant. This is a part-time temporary position to work during this academic year, perfect for someone with marketing and communications experience, who thrives in an academic work environment, and has a passion for music! This position will be responsible for working closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications within the School of Music to prepare materials, work on newsletters, and provide administrative support.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Preparing program books for School of Music performances, which includes gathering content for each book from performer(s), laying out and proofreading the program using a template, and sending the program to be printed
- Researching and writing content for electronic newsletters
- Crafting and updating event listings on various platforms, and ensuring accurate information is listed for each event
- Answering phones, taking messages and providing routine information and answers to questions
- Filing, both hard copy as well as electronic documents.
- Generating (i.e., types, word processes, etc.) materials such as emails, standardized forms, form letters, labels, lists and routine memos and letters as well as reports and manuscripts
- May make deliveries to other offices on campus. Opens, date stamps and distributes mail to appropriate person
- Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the School of Music. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Problem-solving and reasoning skills
- HS Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Or a combination of education and relevant experience from which comparable knowledge
- Successful background check
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity? Apply today!
CMU's COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Those granted an exemption must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. The most up-to-date information on CMU's COVID-19 mitigation requirements can be found here: Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus.
Administrative Support and Coordination
Staff - Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Full Time/Part time
Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance