The Lehigh University's College of Health Marketing and Communications Manager develops and executes day-to-day and long-term college-level marketing and communications initiatives. This person's primary responsibility is to elevate the visibility and promote the College to various constituent groups, including community members, corporate partners, local/national press, government officials, prospective donors, prospective students, staff and faculty, Lehigh University alumni, among many others. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Communicate and inform multiple audiences about the College of Health (COH) *Develop, identify and enhance opportunities to message COH strategic initiatives around education, service, and research to increase local, national and international visibility *Write, edit and revise outward-facing materials including presentations, press releases, blog posts, announcements, newsletters, fact sheets, web and social content and annual reports *Support recruitment efforts by developing content and materials designed to build and sustain highly qualified applicant pools of faculty and students *Collaborate with University Communications & Public Affairs, faculty, center and institute Directors in obtaining media attention for COH academic programs, research and innovation * Advise the Dean on communications topics *Represent COH at conferences, events or other activities at the request of the Dean
2. Co-develop, execute and regularly assess the College-wide marketing and communication strategy *Working closely with college leadership and partners across campus, develop and implement a marketing strategy that includes public relations, media relations and marketing/communications to promote the college to internal and external audiences *Working in conjunction with the Dean and senior administrative leaders, co-develop communications plans and strategies; manage the plans’ execution into action items; analyze and adjust plans as needed *Determine target audiences, identify appropriate tools and media/platforms, and analyze the effectiveness of each using data analytics *Provide support to Development and Alumni Relations and the Office of Economic Engagement for college-centric fundraising initiatives and strategic partnership development *When advantageous, team up with internal and external marketing and communications organizations/personnel to represent the College *Participate in cooperative marketing and advertising efforts with other units/Colleges *Identify and set strategy for COH publications; ensure college publications adhere to University mission and goals *Collaborate with University Communications & Public Affairs in developing and directing media visibility strategies and provide editorial content as requested
3. Website management and development *Manage the COH web and internet presence, including coordination of content and site control, policy and procedure administration and website consulting and training *Manage design and website development services for various COH units, departments and programs; collaborate with programmers to develop and design software applications to meet the needs of the COH *Act as primary consultant to units, departments and programs as they develop or revise respective websites to ensure a unified COH brand *Oversee consultations with faculty, students and/or staff members regarding website needs, media production or other specific resources and services *Maintain College websites with updated news and information *Coordinate and support activities related to the preparation of web-based materials and serve as the primary contact regarding web issues *Instruct users in the use of a Content Management System *Measure the effectiveness of the COH website via qualitative research data and adapt website to reflect data *Supervise or contribute to Drupal development plans, proposals and projects
4. Project management *Manage and/or facilitate special initiatives and projects that support the visibility of the College on campus and/or in the community *Provide leadership to establish timelines for project completion, propose budgets, oversee aspects of the projects/activities and follow up with the appropriate individuals to ensure that project components support overall project/activities goals *Develop project-centric budget models and resource requests *Manage allocated resources and prepare summary reports
5. Direct staff and student workers *Directs staff and student workers including planning, organizing, prioritizing, review staff work; evaluate staff performance *Hires student workers to assist in website editing, photographing events and activities
Position Number: S84510
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing an accommodation for any part of the interview or hiring process may contact Kelly Woodbridge, Lehigh's accommodations specialist in HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years related work experience
Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social media etc.) and market research methods
Experience marketing to diverse audiences
Supervisory experience preferred
Detail-oriented person with excellent grammar and proofreading skills
Strong project management skills and accountability in meeting deadlines and juggling multiple projects
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create a cohesive narrative
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software
Experience using Drupal preferred
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
All Lehigh faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated and receive a booster shot six months after their second vaccine; unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.