Associate Director, UCE Marketing, Retail, and Assessment
University of North Texas
Location: Denton, Texas
Type: Full Time
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Internal Number: S3437P
University Centers and Events (UCE) encompasses the University Union, Gateway Center and Coliseum. University Centers and Events (UCE), provides quality programs, services, and facilities that enhance the educational experience and create a community for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests. We assist students to become good citizens of a global community, prepared to function in a diverse world.
The University Union features 330,000 sq. ft. filled with campus services, dining options, meeting and event spaces, and programming, arts, and activities.
To supervise and manage the marketing, communications, multimedia (video editing), public relations and retail functions of the University Centers and Events department. These duties include overseeing all assessment activities, sponsorship agreements, advertising and promotional materials, media relations, interactive media planning, social and print media marketing campaigns for the Union and all of its areas of operation. Oversees Union retail operations, formulating plans & objectives. Acts as liaison to Union tenants and manages customer relations on behalf of tenants. Serve as coordinator for all departmental marketing and assessment initiatives.
1) Oversees day-to-day marketing functions of University Centers and Events, as they relate to all programs and services;
2) Develops marketing plans and implements strategies to enhance revenues, public perception, and brand identity.
3) Maintains an innovative and technologically advanced direction, focused on demographic needs and social media.
3) Creates and manages department brand identity guidelines and policies; ensures brand identity standards are implemented across all mediums to ensure compliance with the University standards.
4) Organizes and schedules timelines for marketing print, social media, and electronic materials and signage;
5) Studies and reviews monthly social media and other web analytical data to help drive content/strategy decisions, ensuring effective engagement with the UNT community at all levels;
7) Assists with copy writing, graphic design, and video editing as needed.
1) Manage department-wide assessment of programs and services within University Centers and Events (i.e. surveys, focus groups, pre/post indicators, learning outcomes, etc.);
2) Develop assessment tools, when needed, and coordinates processes and equipment related to various assessment collection (i.e. EBI Survey, CAS Standards Manual, card-swiping equipment, etc.);
3) Coordinates information and data for annual reports, strategic plans, and assessment timelines related to UCE;
4) Interacts with various institutions of higher education, related to the University of North Texas, to benchmark programs and report on best practices.
1) Work with campus partners to ensure marketing requests are addressed and implemented each semester. This includes digital signage requests, pop up banner requests, and other opportunities;
2) Collaborate with UCE areas and other campus partners to develop video content for internal and external audiences via social media, web, or other mediums;
3) Acts as liaison with departments and student organizations across campus that produce, public relations materials, advertising, and marketing collateral.
4) Manages and responds to all formal inquiries/comments for the Union that are submitted by the campus population;
5) Manages relationships and serves as liaison to external partners as related to digital signage, marketing, and traditional medias.
1)Provides guidance and oversight for Design Works, including establishing short term and long term goals, providing guidance for staff, and coordinating fee schedules, inventory, and billing.
2) Formulates plans and objectives with retail supervisor and staff to reach established goals;
1) Annually reviews Union House Guidelines as they relate to marketing and signage;
2) Advises on building operations and develops new facility policies, related to Marketing, for implementation.
Description of Job Duty
1) Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates full-time and part-time positions; properly delegates tasks and projects;
2) Uses positive techniques to motivate and develop employees;
3) Sets and achieves high standards within the team;
4)Handles conflict, within team, fairly and efficiently.
1) Establishes Marketing and Design Works budgets and monitors financial performance against budget targets.
2) Prepares capital plan proposals for purchase of equipment, furniture, and necessary repairs of equipment.
1) Long and short-term goals and objectives are established, reviewed annually and submitted by specified deadline. Goals are communicated;
2) Organizational plans are developed and operation of area is centered on achievement of those goals/objectives;
3) Research projects, reports and recommendations are researched carefully, well-thought out, and supported with documentation.
1) Building signage is evaluated and updated as needed to ensure up to date wayfinding and utility;
2) Ongoing maintenance and upkeep of the Four Winds Signage system content is up to date, organized, and evaluated each month to support UCE and University marketing objectives.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and four years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.