Union County College is a public comprehensive community college providing quality, affordable, accessible educational programs that serve the greater Union County region. It is the oldest of New Jerseys 19 Associate Degree Colleges, serving both career-minded and transfer-oriented students since 1933. The College enrolls almost 30,000 credit, non-credit and continuing education students and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Many programs lead to the Associate in Arts, Science and Applied Science degrees.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting the College's marketing efforts and social media presence. Develop marketing strategy and corresponding campaign with a heavy focus on digital marketing tactics. Facilitate media buying. Analyze campaign analytics and optimize campaigns for increased enrollment. Coordinate with and support external marketing agency/vendors as needed. Manage the College's social media platforms and maximize use for marketing purposes. Responsible for the writing, managing, and development of publications for the College and the executive staff including the President's Report, all press releases, the Annual Report, newsletters, and a variety of other college publications and advertisements. Disseminate emergent information to the College community at the direction of or in the absence of the Executive Director of College Relations. Provide assistance to the Executive Director with all major events, such as Ribbon-Cutting ceremonies, by overseeing details related to the special events, including the coordination of vendors including photography, catering, and facilities layout.
Characteristics, Duties and Responsibilities:
· Creates engaging written, graphic, and video content (with support as needed from the Manager of Creative Services and Media Services Dept.) while staying up to date on the latest marketing technologies.
· Develops, either within the College Relations Department or in collaboration with an external agency, the marketing campaigns, and tactics, both the creative concepts and the execution of a marketing strategy with a heavy focus on digital tactics.
· Collaborates with a campus partners and outside vendors to build and execute digital platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat, Tik Tok and LinkedIn to drive high engagement and conversions.
· Optimizes the College's social media platforms for marketing purposes to drive enrollment. Make recommendations as to the adoption of new social media platforms for the College.
· Manages campaign performance tracking metrics and reporting, either through internal campaigns or with an external agency/vendor.
· Interprets reporting on performance and make improvement recommendations. Builds retargeting campaigns to increase audience engagement and conversion.
· Manages the College's social media accounts including posting information, monitoring, and answering questions on the College's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages and alerting senior management to any serious comments or threatening comments appearing on these sites. This is a 24/7 responsibility.
· Oversees and provides editorial and copywriting for College publications including but not limited to newsletters, the Annual Report, brochures, flyers, advertisements, the website, and social media platforms.
· Researches, writes, and distributes press releases with supporting photography to local media and national community college publications when appropriate.
· Provides writing and editorial support to the Executive Director of College Relations.
· Serves as key support for high profile events on campus under the direction of the Executive Director of College Relations. Coordinates both internal and external needs for events including submitting work orders for space set up to Facilities, catering, photographers, etc.
· Attends events across the College's campuses to be informed as to happenings for the purpose of content for newsletters, social media, and press releases. Develops a connection to key constituencies at the College to be
Union County College is a public, comprehensive community college providing quality, affordable, and accessible education programs that serve the greater Union County region. It is the oldest of New Jersey’s 19 community colleges, serving both transfer-oriented students and career-minded students since 1933. The College enrolls almost 30,000 credit, non-credit and continuing education students and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Many programs lead to the Associate in Arts, Science and Applied Science degree. Union is a Hispanic-Serving Institution.