Director, Marketing Planning and Strategy, eComm - Walmart+ Acquisition
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey
Type: Full Time
Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree
Internal Number: R-605954
What you'll do...
Walmart+ is a membership program that brings together valuable in-store and digital benefits like no other retailer can. With membership benefits like Free store delivery, Free shipping with no order minimum, Mobile scan & go in-store, and Member prices on Fuel, Walmart+ helps our members save time & money.
We are looking for an experienced Acquisition Director to join the Walmart+ marketing team to develop scalable, omni-channel strategies that drive new member growth. The ideal candidate will be an innovative, data-driven, strategic, & results-oriented leader with a strong passion for the customer. This individual will have deep expertise in paid & owned performance channels (display, paid social, search, affiliate, site/app, email, push, direct mail) but also be able to think strategically about how to activate our physical stores & partner channels to accelerate growth. We are looking for someone who will think big, ruthlessly prioritize to focus on the highest impact efforts, and mobilize cross-functional partners to execute against an aggressive growth roadmap. This is a high visibility role with the ability to make a significant impact on our business goals.
Key Responsibilities Overview
· Own testing roadmap to drive new member growth across digital (owned, paid), in-store, & partner marketing channels
· Drive the most effective & efficient approach to acquire, convert, and cross-sell to the highest-predicted CLTR customers
· Propose new channels, programs, customer segments, & offers for experimentation, prioritizing highest impact opportunities
· Collaborate with data science & personalization teams to get smarter around who we target & what message they see
· Pilot personas with customized messaging by segment
User Journey Optimization:
· Influence the end-to-end user acquisition journey (traffic sources, marketing landing page, sign-up flows, etc.) to continuously improve key performance levers including high-quality traffic, conversion & trial retention
· Oversee the creative & communications planning process, using a data & consumer insight-driven approach to develop, optimize, & scale hard-working creative.
· Tap into seasonal & cultural moments, while testing new messaging & creative formats that break through the clutter.
Analytics, Reporting, & Budgeting:
· Partner closely with marketing analytics team to oversee full-funnel growth analytics including A/B testing, channel effectiveness, attribution, and LTV/CAC ratios.
· Diligently manage the acquisition forecasting and budgeting processes, optimizing marketing spend towards the top performing channels with the most efficient CACs
· Lead acquisition business reviews, clearly communicating performance narrative to senior leadership including what’s working, not working, macro trends, & future areas for growth
· Lead & mentor a team of two direct reports
· Build a high-performance culture
· 10+ years performance marketing experience, with an acquisition focus.
· Hands on experience managing performance large marketing budgets in high growth environments (specifically SEM, Display and Social).
· Deep understanding of attribution models.
· Experience partnering with media, creative, brand & product teams on creative and landing page optimization.
· Highly analytical, with ability to translate data & insights into action.
· Ability to think strategically, while staying on top of day-to-day tactical execution.
· Highly collaborative with ability to build relationships & influence cross-functionally.
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with proven ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership.
· Strong people leader, with prior experience building high-performance teams.
· Prior experience at a start-up and/or subscription business.
· Bachelor's degree, with MBA as a plus.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and 4 years' experience in marketing or related field OR 7 years' experience in marketing or related field. 1 year's supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional projects.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Leading cross-functional projects, Marketing, Supervisory experience
Fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world's biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we're reinventing the shopping experience and our associates are at the heart of it. You'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and create a career you're proud of.