Responsible for designing, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating comprehensive marketing and fan engagement plans to include, but not limited to, games and events, half-time entertainment, special events, student activation and engagement and improving overall school spirit and participation. Market the Athletic Department events, generating regional and national exsposure. Fulfill sponsor activation and oversee community outreach initiatives. This position will oversee all Athletic Department social media efforts, and provide and implement a plan for all department and individual sports needs through various social media accounts. The director will also oversee the graphic design needs for the department.
1. Marketing/Fan Engagement: Create and implement yearly marketing and fan experience plans. Create and execute ticket promotions to increase attendance/revenue at games. Oversee community outreach initiatives.
2. Social Media: Coordinate & manage the department's social media accounts. Implement a yearly plan to best promote the athletic department and all 16 teams. Daily oversight of the social media calendar and strategy.
3. In-Game Coordination: Schedule in-game entertainment for all six ticketed sports. Prepare game scripts, ensure fulfillment of sponsor agreements, hire and prepare public address announcer, and hire game staff that will assist in the execution of the in-game promotion plans. Supervisor for game-day staff.
4. Event Coordination: Coordinate & manage special events throughout the year; for each event, determine the event needs and follow through with minimal supervision; schedule speakers/emcee, reserve location, assist in determining the menu, coordinate site set up, and event promotions. 5. Lead designing, producing and distributing promotional materials; including posters, flyers, schedule cards, schedule magnets, digital signage and other promotional pieces. .
6. Know, recognize, and comply with the laws, policies, rules, and regulations governing the College and its employees, and the rules of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (including, but not limited to, NCAA Bylaw, Article 11 and its requirement to report all athletically-related income and benefits from sources outside of the College to the President) and of the West Coast Conference as now constituted or as may be amended in the future. Supervise and ensure that any assistants and any other employees and/or volunteers for whom you are administratively responsible comply with the aforesaid policies, rules and regulations. Immediately advise the Director of Athletics if you have reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees or students, have occurred or will occur.
Minimum of one year of relevant experience in sports marketing, social media or related field.
Proficiency with word-processing software and database management. Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, lnDesign, PhotoShop and Microsoft Office Must have excellent writing skills. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with a diverse community of students, faculty, coaches, administrators, and staff. Ability to represent the Department and the College to off-campus constituencies, including alumni, friends, and business people. Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple, competing tasks and priorities. Team-oriented individual with ability to take initiative.
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Bachelor's Degree required
Master's Degree preferred
About Saint Mary's College Athletics
About Saint Mary’s College AthleticsThe Saint Mary’s Department of Athletics sponsors 16 NCAA Division I championship sports with nearly 300 student-athletes that compete in the West Coast Conference. The Gaels boast 22 combined WCC championships and 34 NCAA Tournament appearances in their history. The men’s basketball program is the winningest program in California over the last decade and has won or shared four of the last seven WCC titles, recently advanced to the first round of the NCAA Tournament in 2019. The women’s basketball team has won 20 games for seven straight years, and the College annually ranks among the leaders in the WCC Commissioner’s Cup, including a second-place finish a year ago and a third-place finish this year.