The Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing & Fan Engagement provides leadership and oversight for La Salle University’s Athletics marketing functions, gameday experiences and fan engagement. Those responsibilities include directing and coordinating Athletics marketing, fan experience, merchandising, community relations and La Salle’s apparel partners. This position will assist with experiences and attendance at La Salle athletic events and successfully enhance the La Salle brand. Successful execution of this role will result in increased support for La Salle Athletics’ teams, improved overall attendance at events and increased school spirit.
• Direct and oversee La Salle marketing function to increase marketplace awareness and credibility. Conduct market research and develop strategies and plans to identify and develop opportunities to enhance the La Salle brand.
• Develop and manage marketing budget and oversee the development and management of operating budget. Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs and results. Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance operations.
• Oversees meaningful and innovative event and game-day experiences in order to engage, inspire and entertain. This includes but is not limited to: athletic competitions, fan days, building dedications, and celebration/recognition dinners.
• Create and implement a comprehensive plan which builds and shares a compelling view of the direction and purpose of the Athletic Department and its initiatives to educate, engage and motivate external partners, in conjunction with Athletics and University colleagues.
• Work to develop and direct pre-game, half-time and time-out activities at home events, particularly at men’s and women’s basketball, to enhance fan experience.
• Collaborates on key initiatives related to marketing platforms, sponsorship and partnership strategy, integration of partners, in conjunction with University colleagues, for the benefit of the larger institution.
• Assist with the conceptualization and timely executions of all advertising and promotional communications (traditional and new media) including oversight of the media planning, placement and trafficking process for paid and owned media.
• Assist La Salle Athletics campus outreach to faculty, staff, student groups, student committees and student body, with an emphasis on increasing campus engagement and attendance.
• Recruit, develop and evaluate student fan engagement team, and work with them to bolster in-game presence and attendance of students at La Salle sporting events.
• Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s in marketing or related field of study.
• 3+ years of experience in a marketing position.
• Experience in strategic planning and execution, and management.
• Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns and successful public relations.
• Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University.
La Salle University has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. The Explorers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.