The Associate Director of Digital Marketing is primarily responsible for developing and implementing digital marketing strategies that increases awareness of Chicago Booth as an elite global business school and builds engagement by core audiences. The Associate Director will assist with a broad array of channels, including social and paid media, but with an emphasis on email marketing.
1) Lead and execute an email strategy for Boothâ™s enterprise events taking into consideration best practices, personalization, segmentation, and A/B testing.
2) Analyze email campaign performance and suggest improvements; ensure emails follow industry policies and best practices.
3) Champion continuous advancement of email marketing automation features and evangelize the benefits to the marketing department and partners.
4) Monitor brand mentions and continue online conversations through enterprise social channels.
5) Schedule and execute social media posts across enterprise social channels and engage our community in conversations.
6) Work aggressively to cross-promote and maximize engagement with key audiences.
7) Build, execute, and optimize social media advertising campaigns across Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
8) Identify and build relationships with appropriate social media influencers and brand advocates.
9) Build a social media listening capability for Booth, closely monitoring discussion about Booth and being the enterprise expert on competitive activities.
10) Create digital marketing engagement plans and assist with media buys to create strong channel strategies.
1) Outstanding verbal, written, presentation and organizational skills.
2) Handle multiple detailed tasks/projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet strict deadlines while working as a part of a team in a past-faced environment.
3) Learn about new platforms and teach others.
4) Work independently with little supervision; possess a self-motivated disposition; identify opportunities for improvement and recommend effective changes, all while achieving key objectives resulting in desired outcomes.
5) Identify business needs and participate in the development of solutions.
6) High degree of self-confidence, business maturity, initiative-taking and commitment to quality.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.Â
1) Minimum of five years of on-line marketing, including at least two years of email marketing.
2) Demonstrated experience with Marketo, Sitecore, Coveo, and Slate.
3) Successful experience working with metrics and analysis.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08448
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.