U.S. Figure Skating, the National Governing Body for the sport of figure skating, located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Olympic Committee (USOC) and the International Skating Union (ISU).
The Manager, Marketing is responsible for the completion of the tasks listed herein. In is accepting applications for the position of Manager, Marketing. U.S. Figure Skating is a member of the United States addition, all tasks that are assigned by the Chief Marketing Officer and Director, Marketing will be the responsibility of the Manager, Marketing. Emphasis will be placed on ability to work in a team environment, initiative, creativity, accuracy and timeliness.
Applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in sport management, business, marketing or equivalent, master’s degree in sport management or business preferred. Minimum of four years of professional marketing experience required, preferably in the sports industry and event marketing related. Relevant agency and/or NGB or USOC experience is a plus. The applicant must have highly developed organization and planning skills; effective written and verbal communication skills; the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines; the ability to establish rapport with local event organizing committees and a willingness to travel and work some evening and weekend hours as needed for events. All candidates must have strong computer skills, preferably PC platforms, including word, excel, PowerPoint. Experience with SEO and related digital marketing techniques is desired. Project management experience is a plus. Self-starters and ambitious problem solvers are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Assisting with the management of U.S. Figure Skating’s overall marketing strategy related to public image, working specifically to increase visibility of figure skating among current and potential fans and enhancing the public perception and understanding of the sport.
2. Working with Director, Marketing in partnership with Local Organizing Committee (LOC) staff to develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans to drive ticket sales and local awareness for U.S. Championships, Skate America and other major domestic and international events hosted by U.S. Figure Skating.
3. Providing day-to-day brand management services for U.S. Figure Skating special marketing and/or brand initiatives and campaigns; working with internal team members regarding content (web, social, print, video, media & PR, etc.) development, KPI tracking, overall strategy and other duties as assigned.
4. Partnering with the Director, Communications on the oversight of U.S. Figure Skating’s community partnership program; including the creation of new initiatives and working with various staff members, athletes and agents to coordinate Team USA participation in local and national programs.
5. Assisting with the implementation of cross channel marketing techniques as part of membership acquisition and retention efforts, including the development and implementation of relevant communication strategies and materials for various levels of membership.
6. Overseeing email marketing strategy and platform, including planning, designing and scheduling special initiatives and servicing the marketing, events, communications and development departments.
7. Working with the events department to help manage the website content for key national events, including Skate America, U.S. Championships and any U.S. Figure Skating hosted special events.
8. Assisting in the development and implementation of special marketing and promotional campaigns associated with brand/image, organization anniversaries (i.e. 100 years) and special events (i.e. Olympics). Includes serving as a day-to-day liaison for agencies related to these special marketing and/or brand initiatives and campaigns.
9. Managing the day-to-day relationship with NBC Sports Gold as it relates to marketing campaigns, membership-based initiatives, season pass sales and more. This includes developing and implanting annual marketing plans.
10. Monitoring assigned pages of usfigureskating.org and special marketing campaign related websites and providing regular site updates to communications team.
11. Developing and implementing digital and social marketing campaigns to drive subscriptions for, and awareness of, usfigureskatingfanzone.com and other fan-based and organization owned media assets (i.e. SKATING magazine).
12. Following the overall U.S. Figure Skating marketing plan, actively develop, present and help to implement event marketing strategies to be followed by qualifying competition LOCs and member clubs.
13. Participating in department meetings, contributing to the overall strategy development; specifically, as related to SKATING magazine, www.usfigureskating.org, NBC Sports Gold, usfigureskatingfanzone.org, media and public relations, etc.
14. Responding to volunteers and staff in areas concerning marketing, promotion and brand.
15. Special projects as defined by the Executive Director and/or Chief Marketing Officer.
About US Figure Skating
U.S. Figure Skating is the national governing body for the sport of figure skating in the United States. U.S. Figure Skating is a member of the International Skating Union (ISU), the international federation for figure skating, and is a member of the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC).
U.S. Figure Skating is composed of member clubs, collegiate clubs, school-affiliated clubs, individual members and Friends of Figure Skating. It is one of the strongest and largest governing bodies within the winter Olympic movement, with more than 178,000 members in member clubs, collegiate clubs and school-affiliated clubs.
The charter member clubs numbered seven in 1921 when the association was formed and first became a member of the ISU. To date, U.S. Figure Skating has almost 700 member clubs.