Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Executive Assistant to the VP of Marketing & Communications position. Reporting to the Vice President, the Executive Assistant to the VP of Marketing & Communications oversees various administrative functions related to the day-to-day operations of the Marketing & Communications division. This position demonstrates strong decision-making and judgment in responding to various internal and external constituents on behalf of the Vice President. This position establishes work procedures and standards to improve administrative efficiency and effectiveness while ensuring compliance with College policies and procedures.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
College-paid life and disability insurance
College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Associate's degree required.
• Five (5) or more years of relevant work experience in a senior level administrative assistant role required.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced work environment required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, including the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy is required.
• Advanced level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
• Intermediate level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required.
• Strong initiative and demonstrated ability to work well independently is required.
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed, is required.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy is required.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making is required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Bachelor's degree preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Previous work experience in a marketing office preferred.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.