Are you hungry to engage with the freshest community of foodies, bloggers, chefs and ranchers? Are you passionate about food and eager to advocate for beef farmers and ranchers? We’re seeking a quick-witted, savvy communicator to serve as the digital community manager for Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. From monitoring the latest breaking news and pop culture moments to developing strategies that enhance brand awareness and positive perceptions of beef, you’ll serve as the digital “face” for the iconic Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. brand -- at the ready to engage and advocate 24/7.
The Digital Community Manager is responsible for communicating with social communities in two-way conversations, monitoring beef content in the digital landscape, and serving as the brand voice for Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. on various social media properties. Strong story-telling with a customer-service mindset, the Digital Community Manager delivers interactive content to reinforce beef’s positive brand image, deepens consumer engagement, helps decrease barriers to consumption and supports overall communication goals. Responsibilities will be executed in accordance with the beef industry’s Long Range Plan, the strategies identified in the NCBA Operating Plan and tactics specified in the Authorization Request(s) approved for Consumer Information.
• Manage and create content for brand social media accounts including Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. Facebook page, Instagram handle, Pinterest account, Twitter handle and other online outlets/resources.
• Monitor and identify online conversations for real-time brand engagement with consumers, influencers and likeminded brands for enhanced brand awareness on social media and blogs.
• Collaborates with Content Producer to ensure integrated content and messaging is shared with online communities and in alignment with digital strategies for each online communication channel.
• Work in concert with Digital Marketing Analyst and agency partners to identify trends and track performance of social channels and campaign performance.
• Understand and incorporate best practices for developing online communities including social listening and analysis to constantly refine engagement for effective two-way conversations with relevant target audiences.
• Ensures all social media content is compliant with guidelines established by Cattlemen’s Beef Board and U.S. Department of Agriculture.
• Assist in development of education sessions to keep key stakeholders well-informed of the latest social media tools, tips and trends.
• Stay up-to-date on new digital technologies, tools, and best practices for social media engagement and measurement.
• Responds in a timely manner to information requests received from NCBA staff, state partners and industry stakeholder organizations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree at minimum and have at least 2-3 years’ related professional social media experience and community management skills, including:
• Knowledge of current/cutting edge online technologies and their relevance to addressing communication efforts.
• Passion for technology, emerging media and the digital landscape.
• Experience using web/social media analytics to measure success and identify trends.
• Experience with social listening tools including but not limited to Sprinklr and Talkwalker
• Accustom to the always-on world of social media monitoring and community management
• Strong writing and editing abilities.
• Experience with Photoshop Creative Suite.
• Collaborative mindset.
Internal Number: 15850
About National Cattlemen's Beef Association
Initiated in 1898, the National Cattlemen's Beef Association is the marketing organization and trade association for America's one million cattle farmers and ranchers. With offices in Denver and Washington, D.C., NCBA is a consumer-focused, producer-directed organization representing the largest segment of the nation's food and fiber industry. NCBA works to achieve the vision: "A dynamic and profitable beef industry, which concentrates resources around a unified plan, consistently meets global consumer needs and increases demand." The NCBA Federation of State Beef Councils Division oversees beef and beef product promotion, research, information and related activities financed by the beef checkoff and similar market development investments. It also functions as the Federation of 45 Qualified State Beef Councils and carries out the duties and responsibilities assigned to the Federation by the Beef Promotion and Research Act and Order. In this way, NCBA coordinates state-national efforts to build demand for beef. The National Cattlemen's Beef Association (NCBA) is the national trade association representing U.S. cattle producers, with more than 28,000 individual members and several in...dustry organization members. Together NCBA represents more than 175,000 cattle producers and feeders. NCBA works to advance the economic, political and social interests of the U.S. cattle business and to be an advocate for the cattle industry's policy positions and economic interests. As family farmers and ranchers, cattlemen have a vested interest in protecting the environment. As responsive producers, they share an interest in meeting the needs of consumers worldwide by providing high-quality, nutritious beef, while setting higher quality and safety standards than those required by the government. As individual entrepreneurs, cattlemen raise livestock in more states than any other commodity, helping sustain a way of life in thousands of rural communities. NCBA works to encourage the humane treatment of farm animals, the wise stewardship of natural resources and the implementation of good husbandry practices.