Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop annual marketing plans for key product lines that drive awareness and/or a competitive advantage for our products.
2. Develop annual marketing plans for key channel partners.
3. Develop launch plans for new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
4. Develop annual fieldwork plan to gain market intelligence – understand our buyers thru the entire distribution channel, how they buy, their buying criteria, challenges & opportunities; understand our competition and how to overcome them.
5. Work collaboratively with the Product Management Team to provide market insight to the product strategy, and develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market.
6. Develop mechanisms to measure the effectiveness of marketing tools and programs, then adjust to maximize their performance.
7. Communicate the value proposition of our products to the Sales Team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of our products.
8. Facilitate the efforts and focus of our Sales Team and our channel partners' sales teams.
9. Work collaboratively with our channel partners in the development of packaging and graphic design of product and partner collateral.
10. Work collaboratively with the Catalog Team to optimize industry and customer e-catalog systems.
11. Make every effort to keep any project that is aimed at improving sales and/or relationships with our channel partners moving ahead quickly with the utmost of quality and urgency.
12. Perform other duties as directed by the V.P. of Marketing.
1. Travel as required (up to 20%) to understand the market, meet with channel partners, attend trade shows and seminars. Occasional weekend responsibility.
2. Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties (i.e., channel partners).
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Adjust as necessary: Sitting 70%, standing/walking 30%. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk and hear.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.