Summary: As part of a dynamic team, the Temporary Marketing Assistant will assist Marketing Specialists on branding and marketing initiatives in support Cook Children's. This position will help research and develop communications strategies and marketing plans designed to meet goals of physician practices and service lines. Must be able to adhere to assigned deadlines and oversee projects from concept to completion. He/she must have great communication skills and a clear understanding of the importance of brand to integrate key messaging into all materials.
The individual requires strong project planning and project management skills, to work with a cross-functional group of graphic designers, Web team, internal communications team, public relations team, business development team and vendors. Individual will be required to research and present competitive analysis and industry trends. He or she will be involved in implementing campaigns within established production timelines and budgets to achieve system goals. Must be a diplomatic problem solver, provide exceptional customer service and demonstrate a great attention to detail. He or she must be able to multitask and approach projects strategically. Must have the confidence and aptitude to work independently, yet also be a quick-learning team player.
This person must have a can-do, positive approach and should be professional, extremely organized and diplomatic. He or she will be responsible for many aspects of creative pieces including: copy writing, editing, basic InDesign and Adobe Illustrator changes, photo selection, vendor communication, project budget management and product delivery. The Temporary Marketing Specialist reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Bachelor's degree required in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Business, Liberal Arts or related field.
- Three to five years in marketing and communications environment with hands-on experience.
- Professional experience in a health care environment strongly desired.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and meet demanding deadlines.
- Must be an excellent writer/communicator, diplomatic and able to manage a heavy workload and a variety of jobs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and InDesign.