The Marketing and Box Office Coordinator in the Department of Theatre Arts and Performance Studies (TAPS) coordinates and executes marketing and publicity for all TAPS mainstage productions and related department production and pedagogical events, including summer programming.
Responsibilities include designing, implementing, directing and managing effective publicity campaigns for all Brown Theatre mainstage performance season productions, the Writing is Live Festival, and summer performance and pedagogical activities. The position works with department and student representatives to create and carry out in-depth and effective marketing and publicity campaigns.
The position also manages Box Office and Front of House operations for Brown Theatre mainstage performance season, Writing is Live festival, Rhythm of Change festival summer production and pedagogical initiatives, and other events as needed (including hiring, training, and managing of student staff and volunteers in sales and customer service best practices); the creation, use and archiving of departmental media; and marketing and external-facing digital media for department and large academic events.
This person works closely with everyone in the department on a daily basis requiring excellent communication skills. The position requires creative thinking, the ability to prioritize urgent or last minute requests, and a willingness to assist when a need arises.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume.
- College graduate with at least 1 - 2 years of publicity/marketing related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with Box Office and/or Front of House preferred
- Broad knowledge of theatre or similar performing arts environment.
- Working knowledge of graphic and web design.
- Self-motivated, highly detailed and organized individual with public relations and management skills. Attention to detail, especially in regards to proofreading, is required.
- Managerial experience and skills required for student Box Office/Front of House employees and volunteer ushers.
- Multi-skilled person willing to take responsibility for creatively exploring all possible avenues to develop audiences at TAPS performances.
- Must be available for long and unusual hours including weekends and evenings during performance times.
- Background Check required (Educational & Criminal)
Recruiting Start Date:2017-05-05-07:00
Job Posting Title:Marketing and Box Office Coordinator
Department:Department of Theatre Arts and Performance Studies
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.