The Email Marketing Specialist is charged with assisting in the creation, management, and delivery of digital marketing campaigns for NACUBO and its regional affiliates. The incumbent will support the Director of Communications and Marketing and play a vital role in the promotion of NACUBO programs and services, as well as those of three of its regions. The incumbent will work closely with the Senior Manager of Marketing on the creation, production and delivery of marketing e-blasts, using an email software system to create and deploy messages, and an association management database to generate comprehensive lists for targeted message distribution. The Specialist will work with the Senior Manager of Marketing to consistently track campaign performance and impact, and assist in identifying strategies for increased effectiveness. NACUBO produces a high volume of e-blasts each week, and the Email Marketing Specialist must be able to effectively manage multiple campaigns in various stages of development.
This position reports to the Director of Communications and Marketing and will be part of a four-member team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates marketing e-blasts for NACUBO based on current email best practices and NACUBO brand standards.
- Creates marketing e-blasts for EACUBO, WACUBO, and SACUBO.
- Creates targeted distribution lists for message dissemination using the association management database (netFORUM).
- Conducts thorough message testing with marketing team and internal clients for approval before deployment.
- Creates and deploys marketing e-blasts using email marketing software system (e.g., Real Magnet or equivalent).
- Maintains image files for electronic communications.
- Ensures sponsor logos for marketing email campaigns are accurate.
- Proofreads all messages for clarity, grammar, spelling, and bad links.
- Optimizes email campaigns for mobile devices.
- Tracks and monitors campaign performance and generates analytics reports to internal clients.
- Manages NACUBO subscriber lists. Handles un-subscription requests in a timely manner.
- Works with Director and Senior Manager on implementation of new subscription protocol.
- Regularly updates multiple contact lists in email marketing software system using association management database.
- Assists with the management of the communications calendar and scheduling upcoming e-blasts in consultation with the Senior Manager and internal clients; updates the calendar regularly enabling staff to view marketing activity in real time.
- Generates targeted mailing lists for print mailings using association management software system.
- Manages marketing inventory.
- Works with Director in the selection of promotional items as necessary.
- Processes invoices from email marketing software vendor to ensure timely payment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KEY ATTRIBUTES, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent attention to detail: The Email Marketing Specialist must be detail-oriented, creating email campaigns that are free of typos and grammatical errors.
- Project management: The incumbent must be able to manage multiple deadlines effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines; possess the ability to work in an evolving environment where priorities may change.
- Creative: Ability to use graphic design background to create visually appealing email campaigns.
- Team player: Incumbent must possess team spirit and demonstrate a willingness to work with the team and across the organization with a win-win perspective; and must be accountable for his/her interactions in a collaborative environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This is a climate-controlled environment with moderate noise (e.g., computers, printers/copiers, and light traffic).
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- (Non-exempt employees only) Seven-hour workday, variations in work volume sometimes require extended working hours, however advanced approval is required for overtime.