Washington State University
Washington State University is Washington’s land-grant university with campuses located in Everett, Pullman, Spokane, Tri-Cities, and Vancouver. Additionally, research centers are located throughout the state, extension offices are located in every county in Washington, and online degree programs are offered worldwide. WSU employees promote academic excellence and innovative research that serves the state, nation, and world. With a focus on innovation, excellence, and accountability, continual enhancement of research and educational endeavors are at the core of WSU’s strategic priorities.
INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize 22 universities in the US, UK, and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, George Mason University, Drew University, Saint Louis University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, and Washington State University.
The Marketing and Recruitment Manager reports directly to the INTO WSU Executive Director
This is a new position in the growing and dynamic INTO Washington State University (INTO WSU) Center. Duties and scope may change as INTO WSU and this role evolves from the start-up phase to continuous operations. We expect the candidate to help build the organization with a focus on achieving operational excellence.
This position will lead the strategic planning for and execution of international recruitment and marketing plan to drive international student enrollment to INTO Washington State University (INTO WSU) programs and Washington State University degree seeking programs. Duties will include developing and executing a comprehensive recruitment and marketing plan targeted at building brand recognition in key markets across the world thereby driving demand from students seeking educational experiences in the U.S.
The key metrics of success for this role will be measured by meeting the international enrollment targets
developed through the INTO WSU strategic plan and the INTO WSU partnership. This position will utilize an extensive network of on and off-campus resources including alumni, government organizations, institutional partners, key faculty contacts, INTO’s Global Recruitment Unit as well as INTO Regional Offices to assist in this effort. This position will work in close collaboration with the University’s Office of International Programs, Director of International Undergraduate Admissions, the INTO WSU Executive Director; and the INTO North America Sr. Recruitment Director and Marketing Communications Director to develop the strategy and to drive recruitment of international students.
The responsibilities of this position may change and develop over time, but will include the following:
- Develop a comprehensive recruitment and marketing plan which includes participation in global recruitment activities such as exhibitions, seminars, alumni events, etc. to build the WSU brand globally and drive international enrollments across all programs.
- Drive conversion of student leads through appropriate and timely follow-up work
- Establish country-by-country strategies in coordination with INTO regional offices to reach recruitment goals in certain countries and regions.
- Develop best practices for WSU and INTO WSU international recruitment and actively work to promote a diverse international student population.
- Use analytical methods to identify recruitment and advertising opportunities and frequently update appropriate staff with regards to progress towards goals and centres enrolment numbers.
- Responsibility for the line management of the Marketing and Communications Coordinator. Manage and oversee MCC during the annual brochure production process to ensure accuracy in representing INTO WSU and university programs and services.
- Travel extensively throughout the world to promote WSU and its academic and language programs. Support recruitment efforts by INTO University Partnership’s regional offices.
- Manage INTO WSU’s annual marketing and recruitment budget and provide regular reports showing progress against recruitment goals.
- Cultivate and maintain solid, loyal relationships with US-focused recruitment channels including education counsellors, government and sponsoring organizations, feeder institutions and articulations partners.
- Provide on-going training, support and detailed program knowledge to external marketing and recruitment partners. Support global partners at promotional events to accurately represent WSU program offerings.
- Act as primary contact point and resource of in-depth knowledge for INTO’s regional offices regarding all facets of WSU and INTO WSU programs.
- Provide on-going training, updates and support to INTO University Partnership’s (IUP’s) regional office staff and global recruitment network.
- Manage INTO WSU scholarships budget.
- Collaborate with WSU International Programs, INTO North America’s Marketing Communications staff and Recruitment Directors on the development of recruitment marketing materials and tools to drive enrolment to WSU Programs.
- Work closely with the WSU International Admissions team to ensure that accurate information about programs, requirements and admissions processes are communicated to potential applicants and IUP regional offices.
- Other duties as assigned
This position is based at the Washington State University Campus in Pullman, Washington
Commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus full benefits package
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations or related area.
- 3 years of experience recruiting international students to attend academic and/or other programs in a US, UK, Canadian or Australian setting
- Experience developing and implementing a high-level recruitment and marketing plan
- At least 3 years of experience managing teams or individuals
- Demonstrated administrative experience including budget and financial management processes, public relations, strategic planning, policy formation and supervision
- Experience developing a high-level marketing plan and seeing it through to completion
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States
- Master’s degree
- Experience working in a university setting
- Experience living, working or studying outside of the United States
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent CRM/database system
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity and equity, with particular emphasis on gender and multicultural issues
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to foster collaboration and trust, work collegially and inspire others to high levels of performance
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of cultures and linguistic backgrounds.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please click the following link to submit your cover letter and resume:
Open until filled.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU is committed to excellence through diversity and faculty-friendly policy action, including partner accommodation and NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation programs (http://www.advance.wsu.edu/).
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521(v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.