Marketing Specialist—Deeper Africa, Boulder, Colorado
Deeper Africa provides high-end wildlife safaris for discerning travelers in East Africa and Southern African. Our clients are knowledgeable travelers with a passion for nature and wildlife and a dedication to conservation and culture. Named as The # 1 Safari Outfitter by Travel and Leisure, Deeper Africa is a leader in enhancing and revitalizing the African safari experience. We need a high energy, highly-skilled, marketing specialist to communicate our message across all platforms.
Responsibilities: Responsible for all aspects of marketing and message communication, including design, content, and implementation.
- Web content maintenance & website re-design - Develop and improve web content. Assist in an upcoming project to transfer to a more robust platform.
- Social media presence- Assure that our marketing message is broadcast consistently with quality information, elegance, and style. Includes Facebook, Instagram, and other applications.
- Writing and Copy Editing - Create, design and implement high quality itineraries for individual clients, and for use in advertising and customer support. Assist with copy and photos for marketing itineraries.
- Branding - Assure brand quality and recognition through improved design and high quality messaging.
- Public Relations—Collaborate with our public relations firm on press releases and magazine copy by providing innovative story ideas with high quality graphics and photography.
- Teamwork—Ability and willingness to work with a diverse team, work across cultures, and to pitch in and work hard when needed.
- Technology—Must be proficient with digital marketing software & applications, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe In Design, Dropbox, Email Campaign Management Software, such as Mail Chimp and Campaign Monitor, Lightbox (or comparable photo management software). Not required, but a plus if familiar with HTML/CSS coding, Hootsuite & Wetu.
- Organize and manage photo library, newsletters, and contact data bases.
- Reorganize our photo library and develop a method for rapidly retrieving photo stock as needed.
- Write and edit marketing copy. Work under deadlines.
- Calendar marketing and advertising dates and assure that deadlines are met.
- Produce consistent, timely and thoughtful content for all media platforms.
- Collaborate with graphic designers, public relations professionals, and IT providers.
- Flexibility and willingness to participate in a wide range of duties from the mundane to sublime.