The California Symphony seeks a Marketing & Development Coordinator, an important support role for the organization’s growth of earned and contributed revenue reporting to the Director of Marketing & Patron Loyalty. The Marketing & Development Coordinator is responsible for executing elements of the CSO’s marketing plan, annual fund, and donor benefit fulfillment; all aspects of the job work together to achieve the organization’s overall patron loyalty goals. This position covers a broad range of responsibilities and is ideal for someone ambitious and self-driven wanting to gain practical and valuable experience at a growing, fast-paced arts organization. Read our blog to learn more about how we focus on patron loyalty and how we’re pretty geeky about it: https://medium.com/@CaliforniaSymphony/latest
Core duties include:
- Serve as front lines point of contact for patrons and donors, answering questions via phone and general info email account, and processing RSVPs, donations, and ticket requests for events produced in-house
- Execution of patron loyalty activities, such as pulling mailing lists and mailing first time attendee follow-up postcards, repeat attendee cards, and similar retention tactics
- Support development efforts, including merging and mailing solicitations, tracking gifts as they come in online and via post, and sending acknowledgement letters to donors, foundations, and corporations
- Liaison with performance venues’ ticket offices, including transfers of sales data, patron information, and managing comp ticket list
- Producing multiple reports: weekly ticket sales report, Google Analytics reports on ad and email campaign performance, and development/fundraising reports
- Building and deploying email blasts to various segments of database
- Assistance with company social media presence: drafting editorial calendar across channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), writing copy and creating images for posts, scheduling posts, and monitoring and engaging in conversation as the online voice of the organization
- Administration of patron database: regular imports of sales data; maintaining proper data hygiene; pulling reports as requested; building events for sale; integration with MailChimp email platform and other partner apps; and periodic uploads to TRG DataCenter (shared community database)
- Provide support to annual gala and donor cultivation events as assigned
- Assist with website maintenance, such as updating event information, making basic copy changes as requested, and adding images
- Graphic design for in-house produced collateral across web, digital, and print
- Various administrative tasks such as creating check requests for marketing and development invoices, managing and ordering office supplies, and making bank deposits. This position also necessitates some physical labor, such as carrying wine to events, loading in lobby displays at concerts, and running errands occasionally as needed.
- Attendance at concerts and events, which often take place outside of normal business hours on evenings and weekends; responsible for managing information table at concerts (can be achieved by overseeing volunteers).