At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
BASF is focused on global challenges of today and the future. Our people change the world each and every day and we're working hard to build the best Marketing Team. We are the leader in sustainable agricultural chemical solutions.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to be the central point for developing the overall strategy for the pest and turf/ornamental markets within the Professional & Specialty Solutions (P&SS) group.
Marketing Manager - Professional & Specialty Solutions (1700664) Research Triangle Park, NC
As the Marketing Manager (P&SS), you will be responsible for leading a team of product managers, and will have overall accountability for developing and executing market strategies that outperform the market.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Use a creative and entrepreneurial spirit to explore new market strategies and opportunities
- Ensure that the team follows the Product Launch Excellence (PLE) process for assigned projects to secure the successful launch of new product innovations
- Work closely with the Global Marketing team to assess new development projects and technologies to determine the strategic fit and positioning within the US P&SS market
- Interface with supply chain, demand management, manufacturing, controlling, global marketing, sales, customer experience, and the US P&SS Leadership Team to successfully communicate strategic and tactical direction to enable the group to meet or exceed financial targets
- Manage overall market planning, pricing, accrual, inventory, and profitability to ensure business objectives are met or exceeded
- Be knowledgeable of industry trends, technologies, and competitive initiatives to identify customer needs
- Collaborate with Marketing Communications to ensure effective, efficient use of resources to achieve market objectives
As a leader for BASF, you will
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
For more information on BASF located in RTP, NC, select:
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.