| Advertised Summary Job Description: Reporting to the Associate Director for Annual Fund Programs in the Office of Alumni and Development, the Program Coordinator is an important member of the Annual Fund Programs team. |
The Program Coordinator assists in the planning, implementation, and execution of annual fund solicitations for various schools and/or programs. The Program Coordinator will work with the Assistant/Associate Director(s) on direct mail, e-mail, and call center project operations including liaising with multiple internal constituents and vendors as direct marketing projects are brought to completion. Projects may include information gathering, keeping the project management software schedule up-to-date, assisting with invoicing and budgeting matters in addition to the coordination of projects, depending on the needs of the office at the time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Researches information for annual giving copy for phone, mail, e-mail, and online solicitations.
* Coordinates the development and implementation of comprehensive and integrated direct marketing solicitation strategies to secure gift income for various annual funds at Columbia University through mail, phone, and electronic communication.
* Prepares, executes, and tracks assigned projects coordinating with internal and external vendors within agreed-upon timeline using project management software.
* Analyzes and reports ROI and cost-benefit analysis of direct marketing projects; understands database processes for capturing gift, demographic, and other data; submits database query requests for mailing lists to database technical team. Manages data query projects with database team to ensure accuracy of the list. Creates electronic data files of mailing lists for annual giving solicitations and related mailings.
* Implements e-mail solicitations via mass e-mail utility.
* Prepares materials and reports for monthly school/team meetings.
* Performs additional duties, and special projects as required.
General Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required, including a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
Ability to travel on occasion required. Proficient in Microsoft Office required, specifically Excel.
Additional Specific Minimum Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be deadline-driven and have an intense attention to detail. In addition, this individual will be proactive in client and vendor management, anticipating problems that may arise and quickly and independently resolving unforeseen situations along the way. Demonstrated ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment. Demonstrated excellence in a variety of competencies including: project management, teamwork, analytical thinking and client/customer awareness. Must possess the ability to work with changing priorities and multiple projects. Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including a high level of attention to detail and active listening skills. Must be able to problem-solve and troubleshoot, in addition to the ability to work independently in a dynamic team environment. Must have a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality. Ability to set priorities and work with diplomacy and efficiency in a high demand environment essential. Must be able to handle confidential information with excellent judgment and discretion.
Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with HTML coding is preferred. Prior experience in annual fund is preferred. Work experience in higher educational institution, or other complex organization, highly preferred.
As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League), it is imperative that members of the Columbia University community, in all matters related to the intercollegiate athletics program, exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.