When submitting application materials, cover letter and resume must be combined into a single attachment
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)* is recruiting for a technically-savvy, early-career professional to join our Digital Marketing team. As a Digital Producer, the person in this position will work closely with colleagues to develop and distribute email campaigns for WFAA, its alumni chapters and campus partners. The Digital Producer also works with fellow Digital Marketing team members to strategize, develop and execute digital content concepts for WFAA and its alumni chapters. To do so effectively, candidates must be comfortable working with HTML and CSS and have a solid understanding of fundamental web technologies. As someone in regular contact with alumni chapter leaders, customer service and effective communication skills are critical for success in this role.
The Digital Producer will develop and produce content for digital channels, including web, email and social media. He or she will use digital production processes and resources to maximize efficient and effective work flows. The Digital Producer serves as a liaison to alumni chapters and advises on digital marketing options, challenges and best practices.
*The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation and the Wisconsin Alumni Association, whose legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.
Email production and distribution (50%)
- In conjunction with colleagues, develop and distribute email campaigns for WFAA, its alumni chapters and campus partners.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the technical workings of HTML email including coding techniques and best practices to ensure consistent display of content in a wide range of email clients.
- Assist in the planning, design and development of targeted email campaigns for acquisition, retention and ongoing communications.
- Collect email analytics and report on email performance to colleagues and partners.
- Advise WFAA and campus partners regarding best practices and consult on application of best practices to achieve greatest results in email efforts.
Web content production (35%)
- Collaborate with colleagues to strategize, develop and execute digital content concepts for WFAA and its alumni chapters.
- Publish digital content including written content, digital photography and video on uwalumni.com, supportuw.org and other WFAA web properties.
- Ensure consistent branding and editorial style of digital communication products.
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure web content on WFAA websites is regularly audited for timeliness and accuracy.
- Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure email marketing efforts are well-paced and schedules don’t conflict with one another.
- Research and advise on latest technologies. Propose new technologies or techniques that can improve digital experiences and results.
- Ensure a high level of quality control and work with colleagues to constantly evaluate and improve digital content quality.
- Effectively manage work on a broad set of projects and deliverables.
Digital marketing consultation and training (15%)
- Maintain high awareness of trends and best practices in digital marketing and communications, and social media.
- Identify ways to best leverage digital channels to achieve desired results and advise colleagues in this area.
- Consult with colleagues and chapter leaders regarding best practices and assure brand quality standards are maintained.
- Lead or assist training and education of staff and volunteers on use of digital.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- The transforming impact of the University of Wisconsin-Madison;
- The treatment of all with high ethical and behavioral standards including honesty, integrity, respect, courtesy and dignity;
- The spirit, involvement, participation, engagement and impact of alumni and friends with the UW-Madison and with each other;
- The joy of giving and the power of philanthropy;
- The interdependent nature of all aspects of the Parties’ collective relationships in fulfilling their missions; and
- The highest level of stewardship of the investment of donors’ philanthropy in support of the UW-Madison and the relationships and trust accrued through alumni development and engagement activities.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full time, exempt position reporting to the Managing Director, Digital Marketing. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit program.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Application deadline: February 24, 2017.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment to:
Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer