It is the obligation of each employee of Esperanza Health Centers to abide by and promote the missions and values of the Health Center to ensure that excellent services are delivered with compassion.
To promote healthy lifestyles and improve our patients’ health through the provision of high quality health care and wellness services in the communities of Chicago’s southwest side.
eliminating barriers that restrict access to quality health care.
impacting the community by providing quality integrated primary care and behavioral health services.
building our communities by helping families with prevention and self-care education.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for overseeing Esperanza’s communications with the public, its patients, and its relationships with individual and organizational donors. Primary areas of responsibility are: web, social media and print communications, managing Esperanza’s community outreach and advocacy activities, handling media inquiries and providing support to the Development department in its various fundraising functions.
- Assume responsibility for Esperanza’s online communications, including social media outreach and website content
- Explore opportunities and implement strategies to disseminate information about Esperanza Health Centers to the general public through health fairs, tabling events, community events and other activities
- Assist in the production of collateral materials, including posters, brochures, annual reports, organizational newsletters, etc.
- Create and implement a communication plan to reach Esperanza’s various audiences
- Work with the other members of the development team to achieve the fundraising goals of organization.
- Attend meetings by our partners engaged in advocacy and stay current on issues of interest to both our health center and our patient population
- Work to develop and implement a public policy education and engagement strategies for the organization
- Write selected correspondence and publications as assigned, including fundraising letters, acknowledgements, newsletters, etc. Provide editing and writing support for Esperanza staff.
- Coordinate graphic design consultants and printers to create and produce publications.
- Serve as liaison to the media. Process organizational news, prepare stories, write and distribute press releases as necessary.
- Participate in staff meetings and collaborate with other Esperanza staff to further the mission of the organization.