| Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report. |
Plans and coordinates programs, events, and displays that support the mission of Rowan University Libraries and the University and disseminates news, publicity, and information about services from Rowan University?s Libraries. Represents the Libraries and the available services and resources through various media and at venues on and off campus.
- Leads the conceptualization of, the design of, the development of, and the printing of all marketing and informational materials including photographs, information graphics, brochures, exhibits, displays and special events, fact sheets, maps, and visual aids in both print and electronic formats.
- Develops and maintains ongoing working relationships with University departments and students groups through the planning of specialized events for library programming, including displays and presentations which often involve the coordination, planning development and implementation of work necessary for cross-unit efforts, special collaborative projects, and new program initiatives (e.g. RU Reading Together). Identifies opportunities for new Libraries programming.
- Works with Librarians and the Libraries administrators to promote Libraries programming and initiatives, resources, and significant professional activities.
- Writes and/or edits Libraries news announcements, service descriptions, edits policies and procedures for the Library website.
- Assists with the representation of the Libraries at on-campus events such as new student orientations, and the new faculty orientations, disseminates information and answers specific questions about services and resources.
- Corresponds and coordinates with print and marketing materials vendors for the production of promotional materials; attends, participates in, and presents at meetings related to the development of promotional materials.
- Supervises work study students that work on the publication of materials and the creation of graphics.
- Serves as the library liaison to University Publications and the print shop to ensure consistency and compliance with publication standards and identity efforts.
Hours and Reporting:
- Reports to the Director of Public Services
- Hours typically are Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- There may be times when the schedule may need to change to include work on evenings and weekends.
- This position, while primarily focused on the Campbell Library, also supports the two medical campus libraries.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, business, creative writing, or other related field.
- Demonstrated excellent skills in writing for marketing purposes
- Experience in marketing and outreach
- Skills in using software to design and create brochures, maps, incorporate graphic, layouts (Adobe Suite, InDesign)
- Project management, handling multiple simultaneous events and projects
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of best practices for publishing and design
- Experience in a library setting
- Experience supervising Supervisory experience
- Master?s Degree in related topic, or in Library Science
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.