NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Associate Director of Marketing.
The Associate Director of Marketing is responsible for overseeing 360-degree marketing for NYU School of Medicine. This position will be the lead in driving the strategic and tactical planning and execution for the assigned areas and will be the main point of contact/approval for all materials published, obtaining approvals from School of Medicine and marketing stakeholders and other business partners. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Associate Director of Marketing will interact on a daily basis with senior faculty, administrative leadership, and staff of the Medical School as well as their colleagues within Communications and Marketing in order to effectively develop and execute marketing initiatives in support of recruitment and reputation-focused objectives, while upholding and laddering up to the masterbrand. The Associate Director will also be responsible for interacting with outside vendors (e.g., graphic designers, copy editors, advertising and media agencies, etc.) on a regular basis.
- Manage all aspects of advertising and marketing projects from planning through analysis of results and compilations of executive summaries.
- Develop and implement strategic, research-based advertising and marketing plans and other areas as assigned to reach key constituencies, such as influencers and top-tier student recruits, with relevant messaging via appropriate channels.
- Identify key audiences i.e., who is the target market, how they should be spoken to, and identifying the most effective communication channels and tactics to reach them.
- Infuse new ideas and develop creative channels to distribute existing content, working alongside Communications and Marketing colleagues.
- Develop and write collateral print materials (e.g., brochures, annual reports) to promote the School of Medicine and associated divisions, leading creative development process for all collateral with external vendors, including graphic designer(s) and printers.
- Work with Director of Marketing to develop programmatic advertising and branding projects, as appropriate, leading development process and working closely with agency and freelance partners on creative development, media planning, etc.
- Manage internal approval processes for all advertising and marketing materials and initiatives.
- Develop and manage marketing project management dashboard/reporting.
- Oversee strategic direction and day to day oversight of search engine marketing plans (Google AdWords, etc.) for School of Medicine and key programs.
- Work closely with digital communications team to develop new and innovative ways to extend reach and distribution of existing content.
- Work closely with academic partners as well as Communications and Marketing colleagues (digital communications, internal communications, media relations, publications, etc.) to stay on top of business needs, ensuring alignment of School of Medicine and departmental marketing priorities and messages.
- Ensure that all School of Medicine and associated divisional marketing plans and tactics support the Communications and Marketing strategic plan.
- Prepare and manage summary of marketing activity, as well as executive pre-caps and recaps of high visibility projects.
- Assume role of internal ambassador and subject matter expert on School of Medicine goals, objectives, and initiatives.
- Manage School of Medicine marketing budget and budget planning process.
- Must have a BA/BS degree required; Masters degree is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years marketing and/or advertising experience for large, complex organization.
- Working knowledge of online marketing including search engine marketing.
- Experience in marketing and/or communications in an academic setting, preferably academic medicine, medical education, or higher education.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Superior project management skills.
- Ability to manage cross functional teams.
- Ability to develop effective messages aligned with goals of the organizations.
- Creative self-starter; proactive; able to juggle multiple projects and follow through to completion; a problem-solver.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment.
- Professional demeanor.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.