Housing and Food Services (HFS) at the University of Washington is pleased to announce an opening.
Communication & Marketing Manager
The Communication & Marketing Manager is responsible for the creative development and execution of strategic marketing and communications plans for the Department of Housing & Food Services (HFS) and its units.
The priority of this role is to increase student, campus community and stakeholder awareness of and participation in HFS programs and services, in support of the educational mission of the institution.
- Collaborate with HFS clients and ComMar leadership to develop and implement short- and long-term marketing and communications plans for the Department and HFS units; align plans to support Department and unit goals.
- Serve as a liaison with assigned Department units and create and manage communications and marketing programs and services for those units; develop strategies and tactical solutions to support unit goals, target specific audiences, and incorporate appropriate channels, including digital and social media, print, Web and outreach activities.
- Utilize negotiation and relationship-building skills to create buy-in from clients and manage changing priorities and project timelines.
- Serve as a resource to peers within the Department to develop and execute effective communications and marketing strategies, as well as in developing skills to tell the story of HFS and promote their programs and services on brand; identify opportunities and provide coaching and resources.
- Represent ComMar and Department interests on cross-functional teams, Departmental committees and work groups.
Operations and Customer Service
- Prioritize work to align with the Department's goals and needs. Fiscal Management
- Collaborate with ComMar team members to develop content, ensure consistent and effective messaging, and produce promotional collateral in various formats, such as digital publications, brochures and signage.
- Assist in the coordination of information gathering and analysis regarding the student and customer experience to inform programmatic efforts, such as through surveys, market research and focus groups.
- Establish metrics for promotional activities; demonstrate effectiveness through assessment and evaluation.
- Oversee work processes and output, ensure standards are met within budget and time constraints, and demonstrate operational efficiencies.
- Maintain and monitor assigned budgets.
- Provide direct supervision, evaluation of work and guidance of the Marketing Specialist and assigned student staff.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, business or a related field and 3-5 years of related experience, either in an academic or production environment, including experience in a management or leadership role.
- Proven leadership skills that address the development of executable strategies and tactical solutions that address communications and marketing needs, while leveraging and balancing the client relationship and need.
- Experience in advertising, retail and direct marketing in a production environment.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, problem solving and customer service skills within a diverse organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Working knowledge of computer applications for publishing, image handling and web production, including Adobe Creative Suite and web content management systems.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may substitute for required qualifications.
- Master's degree in communications, digital and new media, user experience, or a related field.
- Experience working in higher education.
What's in it For You:
- Full benefits, including medical and dental insurance and retirement.
- Paid vacation and sick leave, as well as 10 paid holidays a year and one personal day.
- Subsidized transit and parking passes.
- Work for a mission-driven organization that is focused on providing the best possible living and learning environment for our students.
Condition of Employment:
- A satisfactory outcome from criminal background check is required prior to hire.
- A satisfactory outcome from the reference check process.
This position will work a schedule 8 a.m.—5 p.m., Monday—Friday; however, this position will occasionally be required to participate in events outside of regular office hours.
The salary range is $70.000 to $75,000 annually + benefits.
Although posted until, for priority consideration please apply by February 10, 2017.
To apply, please click here.
Learn more about Housing & Food Services
Learn more about why our staff choose to work here!
The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoy outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for embracing diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
The Department of Housing & Food Services (HFS) employs approximately 1,500 full-time, part-time and student staff who work in Residential Life, UW Dining, Student and Financial Services, Communications and Marketing, Human Resources, Facilities Services and Information Technology.