The Director of Marketing and Patron Services is responsible for the overall stewardship, strategy, and management of the Luther Burbank Memorial Foundation's (dba Luther Burbank Center for the Arts) brand identity as a community-based, non-profit performing arts center committed to enriching, educating and entertaining the people of California's North Bay region and beyond. The Director is responsible for the development, management and execution of marketing, public relations, entry-level membership, and ticketing strategies that help build and increase audiences and ticket sales, organizational awareness in the community, rental clients, and members/donors for the Center. The position works collaboratively with the board and staff leadership of the Programming and Education & Outreach, Development, Business Partnerships & Community Rentals, and Operations departments to help support and achieve the organization 's earned and contributed income goals.
The Director performs the following duties personally or oversees their execution through the department's staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- In consultation with the President & CEO, board committee(s), and staff leadership, develops annual and long-range marketing, public relations, entry-level membership ($75 to $599), and patron services/ticket office plans to achieve the earned and contributed income goals (totaling approximately $11 million), as well as the consistent brand image, of the Center.
- Develops and oversees execution of detailed plans, budgets, schedules and purchases for multifaceted promotional campaigns, which include, but are not limited to, print and electronic advertising, publications, promotional materials, displays, direct mail, e-mail, public relations, personal sales, the website, and social media.
- Develops and oversees execution of plans to acquire, review, upgrade and steward more than 1300 members (at the $75 - $599 levels). Works with Director of Development and President/CEO to continue building a “culture of philanthropy.”
- Plans and implements strategies to increase loyalty in a single-ticket driven environment.
- Oversees the development and execution of all public relations strategies and functions with local, regional, and national media to ensure maximum visibility and coverage for the Center, and may serve as a press spokesperson, as appropriate.
- Develops and implements strategies to reach new and under-served audiences, members, and donors; and to cultivate existing audiences, members, and donors towards a deeper involvement with the Center.
- Serves as the lead staff member responsible for market research and analysis, and in planning for, ensuring, and measuring patron
- Works with other staff leadership to provide management support in long-range planning, strategic initiatives, and on-going analysis and evaluation of major decisions concerning the organization.
- Serves as primary staff liaison to the Marketing Committee of the board of directors .
- Manages a department of five direct reports: Associate Director of Marketing, Patron Services Manager, Membership Manager, Graphics Coordinator, and Marketing Coordinator. Currently, the Center employs an external public relations consulting firm with oversight by this position.
- Any other duties as assigned