We are currently working with a distributor of safety related products to identify a Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
In summary, the Vice President of Sales & Marketing will be a key member of the executive management team and oversee the sales and marketing departments, with direct reports consisting of outside sales, marketing, and inside sales staff. This ideal incumbent will possess a strong ability to manage and develop a sales staff, hold others accountable, and help their staff break down roadblocks. Additionally, they will have worked on a strategic level and have proven experience in helping a company expand. The Vice President of Sales and Marketing will be a key player in their strategic plan to continue to deepen their market penetration, expand territories, increase sales and marketing staff, as well as open additional locations.
With over 20 years in business, this company offers a wide range of safety related products to multiple industries and currently has over 8K customers and 13 locations. They are currently 65 employees strong, have a low turnover rate, and a friendly down to earth atmosphere.
Key components of the job will include:
• Direct marketing efforts that support and grow market share.
• Develop and implement an annual sales growth plan.
• Monitor market tendencies and identify opportunities that fit within the Company’s structure, including a focus on territory identification and expansion.
• Complete management responsibility including hiring, performance evaluations, coaching/development, territory determination, discipline and terminations.
• Track sales performance factors, identify problematic areas, and implement corrective action.
• Train staff on pricing structures and product lines.
• Ensure gross margins are being met.
A full and complete job description will be provided to those qualified and pursued for the position.