As a Product Manager for the cloud-based Motion Analyzer software, you will act as a leader for your product through every aspect of its journey. From vision to execution, roadmap definition, feature prioritization and external communication and promotion, you shape the future of the tool and help it grow a loyal internal and external customer base. In this role, you'll be involved with product strategy and execution from beginning to end, working with a cross-functional team that includes sales, marketing, legal, product development and engineering as well as partner companies.
Rockwell Automation is looking for an experienced product manager who's passionate about helping our customers size optimal Motion and Drive solutions and design better machines. Ideally, you have a strong understanding of industrial automation machine design, Motion Control, Software development and a keen acumen for new technologies and market trends.
Manage all aspects of product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities (feature definition to launch and support)
Develop business cases and own all product management responsibilities to drive adoption and grow the customer base of assigned product.
Define detailed product requirements based on market needs and industry trends.
Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and according to quality standards. Communicate launch plans, status and messaging to marketing and sales team. Work closely with UX and user research groups to optimize user centric product features and workflows. Work across business units to ensure Motion Analyzer addresses the needs of the customers of all products represented in the tool. Act as a Community Manager by engaging all internal and external users through regular communication regarding updates, training, and access to additional resources. Be the key contact person for partner companies to drive greater adoption. Ability to Travel up to 40% of the time globally. Leadership
- Drive prioritization of the product backlog through collaboration with development teams and software architects.
- Analyze market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy to identify opportunities to increase customer and business value through product differentiation.
- Lead new feature development from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, public presentations and competitive analysis.
- Serve as the expert and evangelist for products and features you own and drive.
Make appropriate & timely decisions based on current information and ensure adherence to existing company policy relating to delegation of authority. Lead development and implementation product roadmaps and improvements Be a spokesperson for the Intelligent Motor Control business units (Kinetix Motion, PowerFlex Drives, Industrial Control) when traveling with Sales Division employees and/or customers
- Be a strong leader within a cross-functional team, developing the right product and features to fill market needs, and serve as the customer advocate interacting with functional partners including Engineering, software development partners, Program Management, Market Development, Finance, Quality and Legal.
. Conduct tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, ISO9001, ISO14000, etc.) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of five years of Product Management, Commercial Marketing, Sales or Development Engineering experience.
- Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Industrial Automation industry experience is preferred.
- Experience as a Product Owner working directly with software development teams.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies.
- Extensive experience in a product marketing role within the Industrial Automation domain. Project/Program management experience is a plus.
- A passion for helping customers, rigorous analytical skills and ability to distil market and user behavior down to the core essence.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to comfortably interface with all levels of an organization
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes.
- Ability to communicate across business units (Kinetix Motion, PowerFlex Drives, Software and Logix Controller Businesses).
- Outstanding strategic skills with solid creative thinking.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of the Industrial Automation industry.
- Up-to-date on latest web and mobile platform technology trends.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
Eden Prairie - Minnesota, Mequon - Wisconsin
Automotive, Entertainment, Fibers & Textiles, Food & Beverage, Household & Personal Care, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Marine, Metals, Mining, Minerals & Cement, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Print & Publishing, Pulp & Paper, Semiconductor & Electronics, Tire & Rubber, Water Wastewater
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.