- BS/BA in computer science, statistics, applied math or related field required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Five to seven years’ experience in CRM, database marketing or related experience, including performing data analysis, interpretation, solution formulations and recommendations. Experience in subscription/membership marketing a strong plus.
- Excellent business/system analysis, root-cause problem solving, process mapping and data modeling skills.
- Required proficiency in SAS, SQL, Microsoft Office Suite (especially advanced Excel techniques, Access, and Visio), Business Objects or related software reporting package; familiarity with IBM Campaign and web analytics packages a strong plus.
- Ability to summarize results in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Ability to act as liaison with the IT department, proactively articulating the technical needs of the Membership CRM team and maintaining exceptional relations with IT personnel and other business units.
- Experience in utilizing, managing and extracting data from relational databases and datasets using the above-mentioned applications.
- Strong team player with the ability to organize, prioritizes, manage and complete multiple projects. Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Must be detail oriented and very sensitive to deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, especially the ability to express analytic results and technical concepts effectively to ensure they inform strategic decision making. Organized, flexible, goal-oriented, results-driven individual.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. Please apply to https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=358&source=NPO. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION