Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Director of Development and Marketing leads, implements, and executes the agency’s fundraising plan and its associated goals and efforts, including event planning, grant writing, and solicitations of individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations. The Director also works closely with executive and program staff on HPNC’s marketing efforts.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task, and works well in a team. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. A strong interest in youth programs and familiarity with Chicago’s South Side and public and private school systems are a plus.
Performance Dimensions and Tasks:
Fundraising & Planning (In conjunction with Executive Director and Board Members):
- Heads the agency’s fundraising efforts with individual donors, identifies and cultivates relationships with new donors and stewards relationships with existing donors.
- Solicits grants from all sources, including corporations, foundations, organizations, and government agencies.
- Timely produces two annual mail appeals, thank you letters, and donor updates
- Plans and executes annual fundraising events.
- Works with board on fundraising efforts, including with board’s fundraising committee
- Acquires thorough knowledge of current and potential agency programs and involves program staff in the development of fundraising efforts.
- Properly maintains and tracks donor records, including donor “linkage”, and mailing lists.
- Produces correspondence and reports related to contributions from all sources.
- Prepares fundraising reports for staff and board as requested by Executive Director and Board.
- Responds to inquiries from Executive Director and board members regarding fundraising results and predictions.
- Develops and oversees the agency’s marketing plan in conjunction with Executive Director and program staff
- Oversees public relations efforts to raise agency’s visibility in the community, maintain positive image including producing agency newsletters, press releases, publishing website announcements and placing social media postings.
- Develops professional relationships with community members, and encourages them to be involved in the agency and its development efforts.
- Directs and coordinates agency’s volunteers (includes occasional weekend work)
- Maintains volunteer database