Associate VP of International Recruiting and Marketing
Reports to: Executive Vice President of Marketing and College Relations
Direct reports: Directors of Recruiting in various locations in Asia, Europe and South America
- To establish a recruiting and advising function over a three-year period in Asia and Canada (year 1), Europe (year 2) and South America (year 3) in support of a portfolio of products from the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs.
- To meet annual targets for the recruitment of students on study abroad programs offered by the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs in Asia, Canada, Europe and South America.
- To meet annual targets for revenue from study abroad programs offered by the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs.
Key Areas of Focus
The Associate Vice President of International Recruiting & Marketing will also:
- Develop business-to-business and business-to-consumer marketing programs that operate locally, in-country in Asia and Canada (Year 1), Europe (year 2) and South America (year 3) in support of the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs.
- Ensure that all local, in-country recruiting activities around the world consistently and effectively support and extend the brand promise for all Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs products and programs.
- Support and extend the Study Abroad Foundation’s partnership with hosting universities in the US and Europe by overseeing and directing host institution marketing/recruiting visits by Study Abroad Foundations staff members.
- Provide strategic leadership in establishing forecasts for annual enrollment growth, providing key trend analysis information, contributing to decision-making on issues such as market demand for program types, services, and locations, and marketing activities, events and tactics that should be deployed to meet enrollment and revenue targets.
- Provide recommendations relative to the development of programming and products in each region that will drive growth and meet the unique market needs of students in various parts of the world.
- Manage and measure the performance of recruiting and advising teams and business partners that will serve markets in Asia, Canada, Europe and South America.
- Manage, review and refine marketing activities in each of the global regions to ensure marketing messages and recruiting efforts meet the requirements of the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships, and IES Customized Programs.
- Develop a set of Best Practices for International Recruiting that meet all IES Abroad standards for business ethics and transparency, communicate the Best Practices to all recruiters and ensure its ongoing implementation throughout the recruiting department.
- Maintain ongoing communication with recruiting and advising teams in Asia, Canada, Europe and South America, to ensure the team members feel engaged with and informed about key management decisions, program changes, marketing strategies, etc.
- Build and maintain strong esprit de corps amongst a group of recruiters that will operate remotely.
- Serve as a key communications conduit to the leadership of the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs, and all other relevant departments, sharing information from the international recruiting department.
- Serve as knowledge resource to executive teams at the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs.
- Develop effective systems for staff training, development, and retention, so that all recruiters conduct business according to a set of Best Practices developed by IES Abroad.
- Working in concert with on-the-ground, local recruiting teams, effectively develop and manage department budget in a timely and accurate manner.
Cross Department Management
- Work closely with the Enrollment Management function to ensure students receive high quality pre-departure service.
- Communicate relevant information from students about programs, housing, location, and student service interests to executives at Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs.
- Develop effective systems for evaluating recruitment progress.
- Develop systems for evaluating study abroad trends by feeder school, academic disciplines, term length, location, and region.
- Develop reporting systems for tracking changes in feeder school application and enrollment data.
- Conduct regular analysis on student prospects, student enrollments, and college relations changes and share that information with leadership at the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs.
- Coordinate and manage all the local, in-country marketing activities to ensure that locally produced brochures, videos, events, newsletters and other marketing activities support and extend the brand position of the Study Abroad Foundation, IES Abroad, IES Internships and IES Customized Programs.
- Provide the appropriate strategic direction, brand positioning and marketing guidance to ensure that all local, in-country marketing activities follow established strategic guidelines for messaging, design and content, tone, and brand.
- Experience recruiting and marketing internationally for academic programs in Asia.
- Experience managing and motivating team members from multiple countries and cultures.
- High intercultural IQ.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and advising skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and budget management skills.
- Strong persuasion skills.
- Strong knowledge of overseas colleges markets, especially in Asia.Ability to organizational and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Exceptional team player: proactive, responsible, with the ability to execute rapidly.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with independently and with little supervision.
- High level of enthusiasm/energy.
Information for applicants:
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled
How to Apply: All applicants should submit an application including cover letter, resume and salary requirements by clicking 'Apply Now' at the right hand side of this page https://iesabroad.applicantpro.com/jobs/481833.html
No phone calls or emailed status inquiries accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employment: IES Abroad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non- discrimination for all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, national origin, or veteran status gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation or genetics and/or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, assignment, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment.
IES Abroad reasonably accommodates employees with disabilities. In order to be eligible for an accommodation, employees must declare their disabilities. Human Resources will need to be provided with written documentation identifying the disability and specifying recommended accommodations based on the job duties.