Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Specialist, Laboratory - Marketing. This position is responsible for assisting the marketing team with validation testing for products under development, and for performing non-clinical laboratory study testing to support new product releases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works in collaboration with the product marketing team to test and validate products under development to assess and/or validate product parameters and features.
2. Independently performs moderate to complex clinical tests adhering to established procedures.
3. Independently performs clinical studies, adhering to the study-specific protocol and timelines.
4. Uses data analytic software (i.e., EP Evaluator) to evaluate the results of clinical studies and prepares summary reports for internal distribution.
5. Independently uses various types of lab instrumentation and computer systems. Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and/or calibration of laboratory equipment and properly documenting actions taken based on an approved schedule.
6. Performs validation testing on new analyzer and data manager software, including wet testing of rules and Laboratory Information System connectivity; Evaluates the results of instrument performance checks. Performs linearity, accuracy and precision checks as required; Ability to identify problems and initiate troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems, if necessary.
7. Performs QC and calibrations with the appropriate frequency and evaluates results, to decide whether tests should be reported. Reports any shifts or trends to Supervisor/Manager.
8. Evaluates the acceptability of routine analysis prior to releasing testing results. Takes appropriate action in response to unusual or unexpected results, and documents action taken; Maintains accurate and complete quality assurance documentation.
9. Monitor and maintain adequate inventory of all reagents, calibrators, controls and other laboratory supplies; Follows established company and department policies and procedures. Follows the guidelines for safety, environmental, and infection control.
Physical Demands: Light physical effort. Routine handling of objects up to 20 pounds; prolonged (at least 50% of time) sitting, standing, keyboard or CRT work. May require periods of moderate discomfort due to noise, dust, lighting and/or other conditions.
- Exhibits skills and proficiency in applying technical principles.
- Fluent in English, oral and written communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Associates degree in clinical or medical laboratory science (i.e., Chemistry, Hematology) plus 2 years of laboratory experience. Bachelor's degree in medical laboratory technology preferred. Some project management preferred.
- MLT or MT Certification a plus.
- Experience in product development preferred.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.