As part of Berklee’s Marketing Automation Team, the new Marketing Automation Administrator maintains the day-to-day use of our marketing automation tool, Marketo, while pushing us forward into ongoing marketing excellence.
This is a technical role that focuses on the implementations of our Marketo instance, as well as various integrations and systems, with some reporting duties. This person is expected to stay on top of new Marketo features and best practices to keep all of Berklee’s enrollment divisions—including undergraduate, graduate, and summer programs at Berklee’s campuses in Boston and Valencia, Berklee Online, and the Boston Conservatory at Berklee—on the cutting-edge of marketing automation.
This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing Automation and works closely with the rest of the Marketing Automation Team, including our Inbound Marketing Manager, Outbound Marketing Manager, and Enrollment Outreach Manager.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, detail driven, and loves to geek out on marketing tech and automation. Experience within higher education, the music industry, or a B2C-oriented environment is preferable. Candidates who are Marketo Certified Experts will be given highest priority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Marketo Management
- Daily management of Marketo instance and various system integrations
- Oversee system performance and database health, including duplicate management
- Maintain lead lifecycle, lead flows, partition assignment, and workspaces
- Develop and maintain college-wide subscription center
- Assist other members of the Marketing Automation Team to develop and monitor complex workflows, engagement programs, and templates, and develop and test new initiatives
- Works closely with Berklee’s Salesforce Administrators on integrations, database health, and new initiatives
- Marketo Development
- Develop and maintain responsive email and landing page templates (HTML, CSS, Bootstrap 3, JQuery)
- Understand and implement velocity email scripting and webhooks as needed
- Oversee Marketo integrations via SOAP and REST APIs
- Reporting & Analytics
- Monitors trends and measure results of efforts across Marketo
- Works closely with Enrollment Data Analyst to establish and deliver marketing reporting, dashboards, and analysis on campaign performance, conversions, attribution, and effectiveness
- Analyze campaign effectiveness and report on campaign metrics
About Berklee’s Office of Enrollment Marketing:
We’re a group of dedicated higher education professionals who like to jam out—even if we don’t all play instruments ourselves. We work in a fast-paced yet relaxed, Mac-based office on Berklee’s Back Bay campus, and get to interact with the student body on a regular basis, to stay connected with the students we serve. Expect action figures and pet lovers, brainstorming lunches and happy hour jam sessions, friendly chats over a cup of coffee, and endless conversations around “who’s your favorite musical entertainer.” Berklee has the work/life balance you’ve always dreamed about and a benefits package that will knock your socks off. Check out more: https://www.berklee.edu/human-resources/benefits