| About the role |
The Manager will work with the Event Marketing and Sponsorship team to strategically align events to that of the Group's marketing objectives and help manage executive client and staff activities from conception through to execution. Flexibility will be required to work after hours at events and weekends where necessary.
Key responsibilities will include:
- event project management - managing high level events from conception to reconciliation, including all planning elements of an event (pre-event planning, management of budget, execution onsite including management of staff, presentation of final cost analysis, client survey) to ensure quality, ROI and business objectives are achieved
- managing and executing sponsorship activities to support business objectives and maximise the return on investment
- engaging internal stakeholders for briefing sessions and manage the set up of sponsorship trade stand activities
- event reporting, including managing budgets, staying within strict parameters, and quantitative analysis of event effectiveness
- ensuring appropriate documentation of processes and policies to ensure business continuity
- assisting in managing preferred supplier relationships to maximise cost savings to the Company
- following Event Marketing best practice initiatives and maintain external benchmarking and industry profile, alongside ensuring compliance with Legal and Compliance guidelines as they relate to event matters
- undertaking ad hoc projects, reporting and analysis as required.
To be successful, you will have at least 3 years corporate and/or event management and sponsorship experience (ideally in a global financial services or professional services environment) coupled with previous experience in an event management platform and proven corporate event marketing experience. You will also have:
- the ability and flexibility to manage confidently an event on an end-to-end basis, ranging in size from 10 to 1,000 attendees
- the ability to think strategically, executing quality output under tight deadlines
- a high level of creativity with the ability to think "outside the box"
- strong time management and presentation skills
- proven contract negotiating and supplier management sills , alongside a broad knowledge base of suppliers/venues
- superior oral and written communication and analytical skills
- experience in Cvent event management platform would be ideal.
If you have strong leadership skills and risk management ability and acute attention to detail, apply now by following the link.
The Event Marketing and Sponsorship team resides within the Corporate Communications and Investor Relations (CCIR) department, who supports Macquarie's activities through a range of functions, including:
- Investor Relations & Government Relations
- Media & External Communications
- Brand and Marketing
- Internal Communication
- Macquarie Group Foundation
- Sustainability & Environment
If this opportunity excites you, apply here. Find out more at Macquarie.com/careers
Founded in 1969, Macquarie Group is a global financial services provider with offices in 28 countries. We thrive on an entrepreneurial culture, delivering opportunity for our clients with accountability. Because of our long history of success has come from being different, we understand the importance that diversity and inclusion brings. Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team
Advertised: 15 Dec 2016 AUS Eastern Daylight Time