ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
1. Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
2. Develop and refine the Parks and Recreation Department's "core" message to ensure organizational consistency.
3. Coordinate communication with the public through social media tools, including managing the Parks and Recreation Department's Facebook page; identify alternative opportunities for communication and increasing community engagement. Maintain, monitor and update the Parks and Recreation Department's page on the city website to assure current and accurate information.
4. Coordinate and manage special community outreach events and related budgets.
5. Make presentations to members of City management, and various community organizations, student groups and others to provide information about the Parks and Recreation Department.
6. Serve as the primary information liaison with Springdale Public Schools and outside media outlets.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree from a four year accredited college or university and one year experience directly relating to communication outreach and special events
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Daily contact with the Director of Parks and Recreation, the media, as well as all other city departments, and City Council members as needed.
Daily contact with vendors, citizens, peers, federal and state regulator agency representatives, Springdale Chamber of Commerce and local media. Directs the development, coordination and evaluation of the department's communications, marketing and public relations programs.
USE OF EQUIPMENT AND/OR COMPUTERS
Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer with Microsoft Office Suite, printer, fax machine, copier, telephone, and adding machine.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to utilize both internal and external resources to obtain information and data necessary to carry out routine assignments and special projects. Must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.