Provide leadership for the Marketing Department and establish a coordinated branding, social media, marketing and public relations program based on the mission, educational philosophy, and goals of Cecil College. Serve as chief communications officer for the college.
Candidate will provide leadership to coordinate the efforts of the Marketing team to include hiring, supervision, evaluation, professional development, programming, and scheduling. Candidate will direct and review the work of the Creative Services and Publications Coordinator, Public Relations Coordinator, and Design and Multimedia Coordinator; Formulate, direct, and evaluate marketing strategies for the college to promote, publicize and build awareness of the college vision, mission, goals, programs, foundation, events and student achievements; Advise colleagues in Admissions on new student recruitment trends and together develop, implement and sustain an effective outreach and recruitment campaign to market the college and prospective students and affiliates; Develop, propose, and monitor an annual marketing budget and expenditures for all costs associated with the college’s annual marketing effort; Utilize market research to measure results of the college’s marketing efforts; Create and coordinate a college marketing committee, internal/external stakeholders focus groups, surveys and data-tracking to assess and understand marketing campaign’s success and direct future strategies; Assess the marketing needs of the college community to promote individual programs and events by meeting with representatives from different disciplines/areas of the college community on a routine basis; Manage and maintain relationships with advertising, marketing and public relations consultants, including media allocation plans, advertising, creative market positioning and public relations opportunities; Organize and attend marketing events including but not limited to press conferences, promotional activities, special events and/or crisis events at the college and foundation; Provide project management for public relations, advertising and printed materials to include timelines and production schedules and ensure that the college community is aware of relevant deadlines in a timely fashion; Manage and train the college community on the college style guides including institutional graphic standards, website standards and MyCecil layout and design; Update MyCecil images routinely and maintain an image library for college-wide use; Act as point person for MyCecil ‘uber calendar’, assuring the aggregation of College-wide events and activities, and the appropriate postings in MyCecil. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Master’s degree including coursework at an undergraduate or graduate level in marketing and business management.
- Experience: Eight years of professional experience in marketing project management in higher education. Working knowledge of presentation, graphics, and web design software.
- Skills/Training: Professional experiences should reflect progressively more responsible authority for the management of tasks, projects and special assignments. Preferred experiences will include project management within a community college system, market analysis and creative design expertise. Must possess strong knowledge of SEO.
- Proficiencies: Evidence of strong verbal and written communication skills. Documented supervisory experience. Working knowledge of MS Office and selected graphic software.
- Scheduling Requirements: Work irregular hours, including weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Physical Demands: None