EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Four years plus of demonstrated experience implementing marketing strategies to help build a brand to promote an organization, its goals and its services and benefits.
- Work experience in an association or other service-oriented environment with customer service responsibilities preferred.
- Demonstrated work experience managing projects and services independently required.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with program sponsors to develop and implement targeted marketing and promotion strategies.
- Experience in marketing, advertising agency, client services or public relations helpful.
- Demonstrated skills in marketing, including planning, creating strategy, conducting data gathering/tracking, program evaluation and budgeting.
- Demonstrated skills in project management to plan, develop timelines, implement, report progress, meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated skills in generating creative ideas, implementing them and following through on the details to complete them.
- Demonstrated skills in using social media as a core component of marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including professional writing and presentation skills for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated skills to write final drafts with minimal editing support.
- Excellent customer service skills including active listening, a service-oriented approach to interaction and follow-through action.
- Demonstrated skills as a creative problem solver, thinking out of the box and developing solutions to marketing challenges.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects while also meeting daily workload demands.
- Demonstrated skills utilizing a database and related technology to access, enter and retrieve information.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility: ability to adapt to organizational change.
- Provides marketing support to a wide range of SNA programs and services.
- Generates ideas and makes recommendations for two of SNA’s largest annual campaigns: National School Lunch Week (NSLW) and National School Breakfast Week (NSBW) and manages production of marketing campaign materials and toolkits for our members.
- Manages sponsored programs including Fuel Up to Play 60 and other industry sponsored programs benefiting SNA members
- Acts as day to day liaison with sponsors on key sponsored programs like NSLW, NSBW, and National Dairy Council sponsored programming.
- Communicates with sponsors regularly regarding program management and brand visibility including proposals for sponsorship opportunities, reports, metrics, etc.
- Generates ideas and coordinates production for other marketing campaigns including meeting and conference promotion, SNA’s certificate and credentialing programs, annual membership campaigns, etc.
- Develops ideas and coordinates production of School Lunch Hero Day
- Assists in developing and implementing media strategies, cross-promotions, new partnership and new ideas to build awareness of SNA.
- Main content manager for SNA social media including SNA’s Facebook page, Instagram and LinkedIn, where needed, coordinating SNA input. Regularly provides metrics on SNA’s Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn presence and recommends enhancements and new ideas in social media to increase SNA’s brand awareness and visibility.
- Works with designers, media agencies, ad agencies and trade media, as directed.
Membership, Certification & Credentialing Marketing
- Participates in the development, implementation and management of marketing plans and campaigns, as requested.
- Manages campaigns, brochures and flyers, as requested.
- Manages production of materials on time and within budget, as requested.
- Assists with the development of Emporium marketing plans.
- Generates ideas and coordinates promotional efforts, including catalog, flyers, Web site Marketplace, working with vendor (SNA Emporium LLC).
- Helps prepare Emporium presence at conferences and provides onsite staffing as needed.
- Acts as a staff contact at Emporium at SNA’s Annual National Conference (ANC).
Other day-to-day responsibilities
- Writes stories and email blasts for the SNA Web Site on SNA conferences, NSLW/NSBW campaigns and events, membership campaigns (updates on specific campaigns, winners, etc.).
- Submits monthly updates for SNA’s newsletters and other publications.
- Creates presentations and presents on marketing and SNA’s programs and services at education sessions during SNA national and state conferences, on webinars and at other meetings, as requested
- Reads association materials, trade magazines and marketing/advertising/social media trends to stay up-to-date on all events within the association and the industry.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- General office desk work, moving to and from meetings and interacting with staff.
- Significant moving around is required at SNA meetings and conferences in conference and hotel facilities and at other organizations’ locations.
- Occasional travel to SNA meetings is required.
- Occasional local travel is required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.