DIGITAL CONTENT AND MARKETING MANAGER
Founded in 1887, Pratt Institute is a global leader in higher education dedicated to preparing its 4,600 undergraduate and graduate students for successful careers in art, design, architecture, information, and liberal arts and sciences. Located in the cultural hub of New York City with historic campuses in Brooklyn and Manhattan, Pratt is a living lab of craft and creativity with esteemed professors and scholars who challenge their talented students to transform their passion into meaningful expression.
The Digital Content and Marketing Manager will develop, execute, and track marketing strategies by collaborating with Office of Communication and Marketing (OCM/MarComm) colleagues and stakeholders across campus to leverage content that will raise the visibility of the college with key audiences. This position is responsible for implementing paid and nonpaid digital strategies that showcase the Pratt Institute story; the academic experience taking place in the studios and classrooms; student life; faculty achievements; fundraising and admissions initiatives; and the contributions of outstanding alumni in their field. With the goal of building brand awareness and reporting on metrics, this person will leverage, and, when needed create, high-quality content; drive engagement; and improve lead generation. Reporting to the Executive Director, Office of Communications and Marketing, the position requires someone who is organized, flexible, and creative. The ideal candidate is a seasoned media specialist who knows how to maximize the reach and performance of content across platforms and can implement tailored strategies that can be monitored and tracked to tell a longitudinal story of impact, one that is easily accessible to a diverse range of stakeholders.
Experience in higher education a plus, but not a requirement.
- Develop and execute strategies that raise awareness of the Institute by leveraging content created by OCM and maximizing the reach of the Institute's platforms with key audiences.
- Create compelling and results-oriented engagement that drives traffic to: website, landing pages, forms, videos, etc.
- Manage the development and reporting of digital metrics, setting standards, monitoring and tracking social media and other digital marketing analytics utilizing dashboards to optimize and enhance campaigns, measure progress, and maximize ROI; partner with OCM to evaluate results of digital campaigns; offers actionable insights based on campaign performance.
- Engage with the administration, academic schools, admissions, fundraising and alumni teams, and colleagues within MarComm to understand needs and relevant topics for content and promotional audiences and goals.
- Provide input for paid search and SEO strategies and tactics, working with the Social Media Coordinator and Senior Web Content Manager to achieve results.
- Work with clients within MarComm and across the Institute to develop advertising and other strategies for external promotion and reserve ad space with various media outlets on their behalf.
- Conduct and/or manage market research initiatives as needed.
- Ensure all digital work is consistent with the established brand guidelines and meets compliance standards.
- Ensure best practices are followed in all areas of digital marketing; employ cutting-edge tactics to increase brand awareness among desired audiences.
- Upholds Pratt's commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion in communications and marketing efforts.
- Perform other duties as needed.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Education: Bachelor's degree as well as superior writing, communication, and organizational skills. Excellent verbal and written communication - including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management
Experience: Self-starter with 3-4 years of full-time experience in content marketing or digital media marketing within higher education/non-profit.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Track record of designing and executing high-impact digital marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Experience creating various types of content - posts, emails, newsletters, website, landing pages, calls-to-action, etc.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects in busy office environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, service orientation, and ability to handle situations with diplomacy and a professional demeanor at all times.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs required; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred. CMS experience helpful.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and social media management apps/software.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of fine art, design, and/or architecture industries preferred.
- Highly self-motivated, highly productive, results-oriented, positive can-do attitude, analytical, team player, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse, as well as demonstrate inter-cultural competence with an understanding of the dynamics of diversity in higher education.
Please submit your cover letter, resume including salary history and requirements, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE