- Develops and executes strategic marketing campaigns including advertising, member/non-member outreach, bookseller outreach, digital outreach, author platform building, and audience development for specific titles, as well as backlist and series titles, and related products.
- Creates overall book publications and product marketing messaging for print, email, and social media.
- Creates and implements strategies to build TESOL Press brand recognition
- Maintains a schedule of campaigns and promotion, reporting campaign strategies and results, and meeting growth goals across all of TESOL’s communication vehicles.
- Sends books out for review.
- Provides marketing and sales analysis to marketing and publications staff on a regular basis.
- Assists in the development of the yearly publications catalog and its distribution.
- Develops marketing templates for authors/editors.
- Works with TESOL staff on cross marketing opportunities.
- Provides periodic marketing updates and reports to TESOL’s Publishing Professional Council.
- Sells ad space and develops sales pipeline; develops advertising media kit
- Tracks advertising sales and recommends annual advertising budget.
- Works with vendors on association Buyer’s Guide and Directory of Degree and Certificate programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or related area
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in product/publications marketing, digital marketing and the like.
- Association/non-profit environment preferred.
- Knowledge of publications development and exceptional promotional copywriting skills
- Experience with Google Analytics or other analysis platforms
- Experience using email systems and developing broadcast emails
- Advertising sales experience and understanding of advertising market both print and digital
- Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
TESOL International Association offers a prime Alexandria, VA location conveniently located near the King St metro station, competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance, 403(b) retirement, and the opportunity to work with a high-performing, dynamic group of colleagues in a friendly environment.
TESOL International Association is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. TESOL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.