Assist with the design and implementation of marketing strategies to connect nonprofit corporations to IFF products and services throughout IFF’s service area.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work to develop and implement a marketing plan, aligned with individual geographic Market Plans and a Marketing Strategy that will be developed annually, to primarily support Core Business Solutions. Demonstrate impact of marketing activities in achieving loan and real estate production goals.
Develop and execute marketing campaigns for targeted segments leading to IFF business; current and prospective clients, referral sources, and influencers. Identify new opportunities for sales targets through research and segmentation. Work with Communications to incorporate IFF brand and messaging into marketing and business development presentation content.
Develop sustainable marketing process/structure to capitalize on external market opportunities, working with internal colleagues as appropriate. Document process, execute as opportunities arise, measure outcomes, and refine process accordingly.
Complete regular strategic market research and share information affecting business development strategy, including specific support for regional offices and identification of new key influencers/stakeholders.
Use content marketing strategically to help maintain top of mind awareness. Explore various ways to connect nonprofit corporations to IFF products and services.
2. Work with Communications to maintain core suite of updated program/product collateral that is consistent with IFF brand collateral and messaging.
3. Work with Data Management and Administrative Assistant to administer Loan and RES data collection, including analysis and reporting on customer satisfaction surveys, thank you letters, and other targeted letter programs. Maintain referral source data. Make recommendations based on results.
4. Support external marketing elements of IFF colleagues’ roles and initiatives.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. The number of loans, by geographic market, is increased through new marketing activities, including new relationships and partnerships, and the use of targeted market data and follow-up activities.
2. Marketing plan targets (per geographic Market Plans) for awareness building, lead generation and prospective client activities are met as defined by annual plan.
3. Program/product collateral is developed according to strategy and updated regularly.
4. Outcome tracking mechanisms are designed and implemented to continually test the success of marketing activities.
5. Other IFF staff receives appropriate support for marketing activities; other staff is used appropriately in all marketing activities.
6. Cultivates a culture of openness in information sharing. Encourages open communication, cooperation, and the sharing of knowledge.
7. Models personal accountability that promotes ownership and engagement.
8. Builds and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues, peers and team members.
9. Values and supports differences in others, contributing to an inclusive work environment. Demonstrates the ability and willingness to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to create a collaborative, collegial, and caring community.
10. High level of satisfaction with both internal colleagues and external contacts.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree. Emphasis on marketing.
Experience: Minimum of three years marketing experience required, preferably with financial or real estate products and services.
Ability to foster a cooperative, mutually beneficial partnership with internal/external constituents.
Excellent writing skills, presentation skills, web site experience.
Multi-industry knowledge covering various IFF stakeholders’ interests, including funders, investors, community development finance, and the nonprofit sector.
Knowledge of related fields such as public relations a plus.
Unusual Requirements: Regular travel throughout the assigned region; Occasional evening and weekend work; able to inspect active construction project sites.
Applicant Instructions: Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Please include "Marketing Manager" in the subject line of the email.
IFF is a mission-driven lender, real estate consultant, and developer that helps communities thrive by creating opportunities for low-income communities and people with disabilities. Key to our success has been a deep sense of purpose, a broad perspective, and a relentless focus on achieving positive results. Social return can coincide with financial return.
Across the Midwest, we help clients from every sector, including human service agencies, health centers, schools, housing developers, and grocery stores. Our staff of over 70 professionals works from our Chicago headquarters, and we also serve the Midwest from four regional offices: Milwaukee, Wisconsin; St. Louis, Missouri; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Detroit, Michigan. We are a U.S. Department of the Treasury certified community development financial institution (CDFI), a member of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago and the Opportunity Finance Network, and a past recipient of the $5.5 million Wells Fargo NEXT award for Opportunity Finance.
IFF is the largest nonprofit CDFI in the Midwest and one of only a few nationally to earn the Aeris AAA+1 rating. Since 1988, we have made over $450 million in loans, leveraged $1.4... billion in community investments, and grown our total managed assets to $300 million.
IFF values equity, diversity and inclusion as part of its mission to strengthen nonprofits and the communities they serve. IFF is an equal opportunity employer.