The Marketing and Leadership Gifts Manager will be primarily responsible for overseeing and executing the Scholarship Foundation’s direct marketing program. Under the supervision of the Director of Communications and working closely with the Chief Development Officer, the Marketing and Leadership Gifts Manager will develop a yearly and long-term, multi-channel direct marketing and mid-level donor strategy in order to acquire, retain and upgrade donors. Responsibilities include managing the solicitation, stewardship and data management of the aforementioned programs in order to meet revenue goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
* Manage all aspects of the digital marketing campaign, including acquisition advertising and e-solicitations, to engage entry and mid-level investors in securing and retaining investments.
* Manage direct mail campaign. Manage timeline of appeals, manage production of packages, list maintenance and ensure internal creation and review meets deadlines.
* Manage revenue and expenses of the direct mail program, preparing monthly reports and further analysis of program performance as needed.
* Work closely with the communications team to establish and work from a comprehensive editorial calendar that feeds the direct and digital campaigns. Maintain messaging and brand standards.
* Work effectively with the Development team to build strategies for moving donors to higher giving levels and identify and cultivate major gift prospects.
* Work with Development team to strategically integrate Digital Marketing initiatives into overall plan for upcoming, multi-year Comprehensive Campaign
* Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience.
* Work with Development team and other Foundation staff to ensure effectiveness as it relates to other development functions.
* Work closely with Database Manager to manage and keep accurate donor lists, donor information and maximize the capacity of database (Raiser’s Edge).
* Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners.
* Measure and report performance of all campaigns and assess against established goals for return on investment and other key performance indicators.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or similar field
* 5 years of experience in marketing, managing donor-focused programs
* Experience with managing a direct mail or mid-level giving program, or similar relationship management experience
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Highly creative, polished and professional writer with enthusiasm to seek new angles and be a story teller.
* The ability to perform multiple tasks with effective time management and organizational skills.
* Experience in Raiser’s Edge and Excel, particularly as it related to queries and data mining.
* Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
* Experience managing social media campaigns.
* Working knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends).
* Outstanding written communication skills and strong verbal skills.
* Excellent project management and time management skills.
* A basic understanding of the U.S. military and an appreciation for the contributions made by our nation’s military and their family members.
About Marine Corps Scholarship Fund
Founded in 1962, the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation is the nation’s oldest and largest provider of need-based scholarships to military children. With scholarship recipients in all 50 states and an annual award output in the millions of dollars, the Foundation’s historic success has long been rooted in an active community of donors, volunteers, Marines and their families coast to coast. Today, the scholarship Foundation’s mission and the events that anchor it continue to grow at an exciting pace with an increasingly national focus.