This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for a IVD Product Marketing Manager. The Product Manager is responsible for the product management of the Sysmex America Inc. Hematology product line.
The position is responsible for creating “best-in-class” marketing and sales programs, and for all aspects of product life cycle management, competitive material and developing thought leaders and marketplace influencers to assist Sysmex in achieving their business objectives.
This position is also responsible for providing in-depth market and industry knowledge, competitive analysis to assist in developing product and market business plans to achieve sales and market share goals, establishing a core of resident Sysmex product knowledge for existing and competitive products, assisting in training sales and application roles, and launching new products that achieve mid-term plan goals and meet target requirements.
The Product Manager proactively communicates and works in alignment with all departments within Sysmex, conduct all initiatives with professional demeanor, within legal, regulatory and Sysmex standards. The Product Manager demonstrates a positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills, organizational impact, and ability to manage within established timelines to meet departmental and company objectives. He/she is also able to effectively determine data and market research needs and obtain necessary sales and marketing information in order to make sound business decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Day to day management and responsibility for strategic and tactical execution hematology product line.
2. Internal and external champion of the product line.
3. Manages all activities to ensure that technical materials, white papers, sales tools, product launch materials and training material are developed as appropriate.
4. Develops “anti-competitive” materials and updates for commercial operations as necessary.
5. Develops sales strategies for product lines to achieve business plan goals.
6. Participates in feedback and input to R&D in S-Corp on current and future customer needs and wants as market research and analysis dictates, participates on global Sysmex IVD product teams to review and develop existing and new products as required.
7. Supports new product launch teams working across departments to introduce new Sysmex products to the marketplace.
8. Supports and develops key physicians and technologists for participation in marketing studies for next generation products.
9. Responsible for providing product knowledge expertise to the Sales, Applications and Service groups in the field.
10. An expert on product lines and is technically competent in Clinical Laboratory Science. This person is a key source of information and knowledge regarding Sysmex, hematology, and other product features.
Physical Risk: Regular exposures to risk that may require special training and precautions.
Percentage of Travel: 20% - 30%
Bachelor's degree in related field and 5 years of relevant work experience. MT a plus.
Technical background with 5 years in clinical laboratory sciences specific to Sysmex Hematology preferred.
Must be skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Skilled in problem solving, decision making and demonstrates ability to strategize, negotiate, develop goals and follow through, maintain vigilance and flexibility in a changing environment.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.