Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: This manager position is responsible for daily functional management of marketing and communications activities. The manager demonstrates active support of the Mission, Vision and Core values of Northwest Medical Center. Managers are expected to perform direct support service functions and activities as needed to achieve department objectives. Managers participate on hospital Councils and Key Function Teams as appropriate for their department.
1. Develops and implements communications plans including determining audience and appropriate communication vehicle, writing/editing, accuracy of information and distributing communications. Responsible for all communication materials for internal and external audiences including collateral material, website, signage/banners, physician and community newsletters, speeches, etc.
2. Plans and implements all community events and oversees Healthy Woman program.
3. Serves as point of contact for the media, and is responsible for the dissemination of press releases to the media and responds to media requests in collaboration with the Marketing Director as appropriate.
4. Oversees the graphic design department including management of the graphic designer and manages marketing projects in process to ensure all projects are executed and within the timeframes promised.
5. Plans and implements market research. Collects competitive information on a continual basis with regard to markets and customers.
6. Represents the marketing department on various hospital task forces and councils as appropriate. Interacts with other levels of management on a regular basis for planning and coordination. Solicits collaboration of other directors, medical staff, managers and employees to ensure effective multi-departmental linkages and ensure quality and cost-effectiveness within the organization. Works collaboratively with other hospital personnel in the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing plans, competititve strategies and special events.
7. Manages all websites and social media for the hospital and employed physician group sites.
8. Interacts with ad agency and local media to ensure timely and appropriate submissions of advertising materials. Collaborates with Marketing Director on overall marketing and advertising strategy as well as creative conception and development of materials. Participates in strategic planning and implementation of the marketing goals and objectives, including research, cost estimating and creative vision.
9. Works with new physicians to develop and execute their marketing plans and monitors their new patient ramp up to adjust marketing plan as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or closely related field.
Three (3) years of experience in marketing, two (2) years of supervisory experience preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to be diplomatic and professional when dealing with the public and in stressful situations. Ability to analyze results and report back to management. Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn new web-based software programs.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.