The Assistant Director of Marketing will play an integral role in driving revenue and attendance for the Department of Athletics. Along with the marketing, sales and communications staff, this individual will assist in increasing attendance, creating a positive and exciting game day atmosphere, increasing fan engagement and furthering the brand of Rice Athletics.
- Knowledge of sales, marketing and promotions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population and strong interpersonal skills.- Ability to think strategically and creatively, balance multiple priorities, adjust to changing circumstances, organize time efficiently and remain attentive to details.
- Strong work-ethic and self-motivated.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to work well in teams and collaborate with diverse constituents.
- Passion for the scholar-athlete cause.
- Graphic design ability with knowledge in Photoshop, InDesign or additional graphic software.
Additional Salary Information: Salary Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications
Set in the heart of Houston, Texas, the nation’s fourth-largest city, Rice is a comprehensive research university that fosters diversity and an intellectual environment that produces the next generation of leaders and advances tomorrow’s thinking. The Rice Athletics brand is the culmination of everything we stand for - our culture, our interactions, our performance. It is our connection to the co...mmunity and its connection to us. Our reputation and core values have remained but we saw an opportunity to grow, scale and innovate.